Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-10-2021, 06:14 PM   #1081
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul55391 View Post
I don’t know why it is wildly dangerous for me to edit the .plist file. I suppose if I entered some garbage file name, something strange might happen, but I proceeded fearlessly.
A few months ago there was a glitch where just opening one of the Calibre json settings files in Notepad++ was enough to break things and cause errors.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:15 PM   #1082
paul55391
Enthusiast
paul55391 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Reading List Plugin Issue

JimmXinu, I was unable to reproduce the issue. Sorry. I'm really puzzled, since I never messed with "plist files" or any other messing around. Just used the standard GUI interface of the plugin to configure. If I eventually find I can duplicate the problem, I'll will post again.

I uninstalled RL and downloaded and installed the one you posted on this thread. It works as expected, with no issues.

One question: I use an iPad to access my calibre library located on a web server. I had set up a couple Virtual Libraries and can access them on my iPad. However, I don't see how to access the Lists I create using the RL plugin. How would I do this, if I may ask?

Thanks for your assistance today.

Paul
paul55391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:55 PM   #1083
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul55391 View Post
One question: I use an iPad to access my calibre library located on a web server. I had set up a couple Virtual Libraries and can access them on my iPad. However, I don't see how to access the Lists I create using the RL plugin. How would I do this, if I may ask?
You don't. Or at least, not directly.

As implemented today, UI plugins such as Reading List have no interaction with Calibre's Content Server. Calibre simply doesn't allow it.

However, RL has options for setting custom columns (or even Tags) for books that are in lists. I think that's as good as it gets for seeing Reading Lists from Content Server right now.

I see only 3 downloads on the last posted test version.

Anybody else care to give it a try? I hesitate to release a new version with so few testers.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:05 PM   #1084
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been running it for a bit without any issues, though since no se española or have missing defaults I can't test those specifically.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-14-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #1085
criscros
Fulltime reader
criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Another question: I use Kobo Utilities to automatically fetch my last-read date from the device to update that column.

My current process is finish reading book on device > remove finished book from reading list > add new book to reading list > connect Kobo to computer > let Kobo Utilities auto-update the custom columns > manually sync "replace with device" list, which removes old books and adds new books to device.
Hi ownedbycats, I'm doing something similar using RL. I have been going through the 70 odd pages of this thread to get ideas on how to setup RL.

I was wondering if you have a way to automatically remove finished books from your list? I don't mind adding them manually, but if I forget to remove it from the list, the next sync adds it back.

I think it might have been working like that when I first set it up, but maybe I just thought it did The more I read, the more confused I seem to be getting.
Thanks!
criscros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #1086
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

No. I do it manually. And it's less of an issue now that I leave books on the device after finishing them and instead use the "reading" filter on the book list.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #1087
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Version Released

Version 1.7.6 - 01 May 2021
- Allow Translations and Spanish translation, thanks dunhill!
- Handle missing default and no lists in settings. Shouldn't happen, but somebody got there.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:17 AM   #1088
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi, just a couple of comments: in this version, I've got to redo some chains in the plugin "Action Chains" because of the translation... and I've missed the device to send the books in a Default List. Easy to solve, problem is to be aware of it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #1089
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hi, just a couple of comments: in this version, I've got to redo some chains in the plugin "Action Chains" because of the translation... and I've missed the device to send the books in a Default List. Easy to solve, problem is to be aware of it.
thanks for letting us know. I just checked myself, but thankfully I didn't have to fix any chains.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:51 PM   #1090
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
thanks for letting us know. I just checked myself, but thankfully I didn't have to fix any chains.
Good! I think the problem is the translation, so it doesn't recognize the action.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:57 PM   #1091
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Since Terisa de morgan's reported location is Madrid, Spain, I assume the issue is the same as "Favourites" has when a translation is added or updated, or a user changes which translation they use.

I don't know of anyway around it, sorry.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:34 AM   #1092
ryzmonkeyryz
ryzmonkeyryz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura h20
Reading List series order in Kobo

Hi all,

I got Reading List all set up in Calibre and have it syncing to my Kobo as a collection. What I'm stuck on is getting the actual order to show up on my Kobo as a second series. I don't want to lose the series information for the novels, but I'd like to be able to sort the reading order by priority.

Any ideas? Is it even doable?

Thanks
ryzmonkeyryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #1093
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzmonkeyryz View Post
Hi all,

I got Reading List all set up in Calibre and have it syncing to my Kobo as a collection. What I'm stuck on is getting the actual order to show up on my Kobo as a second series. I don't want to lose the series information for the novels, but I'd like to be able to sort the reading order by priority.

Any ideas? Is it even doable?

Thanks
Kobo has subtitles. It available in the KoboTouch driver settings. Something like this ought to work:

Code:
{#yourreadinglistcolumn} {#yourreadinglistcolumn_index}
It's also possible with some Kobo Utilities trickery to make the collection actually appear in order, but rather tedious.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-13-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:38 PM   #1094
ryzmonkeyryz
ryzmonkeyryz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura h20
Quote:
Kobo has subtitles. It available in the KoboTouch driver settings. Something like this ought to work:

Code:
{#yourreadinglistcolumn} {#yourreadinglistcolumn_index}
It's also possible with some Kobo Utilities trickery to make the collection actually appear in order, but rather tedious.
Well it's nice to know I'm not a total idiot. I got this far with the save template

{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}/{series}-{series_index} {#readingorder} {#readingorder_index}

but I must be missing something obvious because it only shows me the series information on the screen.
ryzmonkeyryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #1095
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzmonkeyryz View Post
Well it's nice to know I'm not a total idiot. I got this far with the save template

{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}/{series}-{series_index} {#readingorder} {#readingorder_index}

but I must be missing something obvious because it only shows me the series information on the screen.
The save template is used for the filename. Kobo does not use this. They use the metadata from the file. To set the subtitle as @ownedbycats suggests, you need to do it in the driver configuration. On the third tab are options to update the metadata when the device is connected. You can set a template for the subtitle there. You can also do this using my Kobo Utilities plugin. You can use that to do some experimenting to see if it is suitable. For both cases, the book has to have been sent to the device and imported by it.

If you do set the subtitle, you will be able to search for the text used as the subtitle, but, you will not be able to sort on it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote