Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #886
KindleAZWorKFX
Connoisseur
KindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and Samsung 10.1 tablet
Kindle Previewer 3.42 for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is out now, and is the only current download when you install it this plugin says , also the epub may have errors that need fixing was wondering if a lot changed from 3.41 to 3.42 or if the errors are just a few ebooks I have not tried all my ebooks , anyway your link to kindle previewer 3.41 now goes to the current version which is 3.42.

Launching Kindle Previewer 3 (unknown_36911048) - CLI
Unknown conversion error occurred -- Retrying

================================ qqz40z_log.csv ================================

"Error – these errors will block the book from ingestion."
"Warning – these warnings may block the book from ingestion so we recommend fixing"
"ET Errors – these errors will cause the book to not have Enhanced typesetting enabled."
"ET Warnings – these warnings are caused when we ignore a style or construct which is not supported in Enhanced typesetting."
"Type","Description","Source File","Line Number","Recommended Fix"
"Warning","W28001: CSS style specified in content is not supported by Kindle readers. Removing the CSS property: 'max-width' in file: stylesheet.css","","",""
"Warning","W14019: Cover is too small : ","","",""

Python function terminated unexpectedly
{"title": "KFX conversion failed", "det_msg": "", "level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert ebook name</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book"} (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 114, in main
File "site.py", line 88, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 209, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 43, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 28, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1275, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 215, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 297, in convert_using_previewer
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 342, in report_failure
calibre.ebooks.conversion.ConversionUserFeedBack: {"title": "KFX conversion failed", "det_msg": "", "level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert ebook name</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book"}

Last edited by KindleAZWorKFX; 07-21-2020 at 11:21 PM. Reason: added information for question
KindleAZWorKFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #887
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleAZWorKFX View Post
Kindle Previewer 3.42 for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is out now, and is the only current download when you install it this plugin says , also the epub may have errors that need fixing was wondering if a lot changed from 3.41 to 3.42...
There were no changes made to the KFX conversion part of the Previewer between version 3.41 and 3.42.

Quote:
...anyway your link to kindle previewer 3.41 now goes to the current version which is 3.42.
Amazon only makes the most recent Kindle Previewer version available for download. I have updated the first post in this thread to indicate that 3.42 is now current.

Quote:
Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book
In this case the Kindle Previewer has failed to convert the book and does not give a specific error message to indicate why.

Sometimes converting to MOBI first and then from MOBI to KFX can solve this sort of problem, but some of the formatting of the book will be lost in the process.

Other than that, trial and error using calibre's editor can fix some conversion problems, but it is very difficult since there is no indication of what needs to be fixed.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:05 AM   #888
tongoclinh
tongoclinh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Just write a Quick Action to quickly open KFX file on macOS. Unpack the archive and install this with Automator Installer. Then go to System Preferences/Extensions/Finder and make sure Preview KFX is checked. Now you can quickly open KFX file with Kindle Previewer 3 in Finder.

Note that Kindle Previewer 3 is required to open KFX files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 17.02.13.png
Views:	705
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	180886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 17.02.43.png
Views:	690
Size:	407.9 KB
ID:	180887  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Preview KFX.zip (6.9 KB, 610 views)
tongoclinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #889
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongoclinh View Post
Just write a Quick Action to quickly open KFX file on macOS.
Thanks! I have linked to your post from the plugin instructions.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:27 AM   #890
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJone View Post
Hi do I prevent calibre from overwriting Amazon book covers when reconnecting my kindle? I'm happy enough to let ASIN fetch my covers for me.
Thanks
You really should list your active devices in your profile. All you show is that you have a Kobo Glo HD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #891
ilyasson
ilyasson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen.)
KFX output: Decreasing line-spacing?

Hi,

In order to get better kerning with customized fonts, I tried to convert my azw3 files to kfx. Conversion was flawless. However, no matter what I define the line-height in css before conversion (mostly as 1), kfx outputs are seem to be set at 1.2. Besides, I think it's indifferent to any change in css.

Is it possible to control kfx output line-spacing?
ilyasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:58 PM   #892
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Apparently no.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:30 PM   #893
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

@ilyasson - Please post plugin specific issues in that plugin's thread, there's an index in the stickies at the top of plugins sub-forum.

Thread merged

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:58 PM   #894
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyasson View Post
Is it possible to control kfx output line-spacing?
Conversion to KFX intentionally normalizes line spacing to 1.2em. The only control you have are the three line spacing choices in the Aa menu. I don't know of any way to change that.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:23 PM   #895
DeanMoriarty
DeanMoriarty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Kindle Previewer 3.42 for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is out now, and is the only current download when you install it this plugin says , also the epub may have errors that need fixing was wondering if a lot changed from 3.41 to 3.42 or if the errors are just a few ebooks I have not tried all my ebooks , anyway your link to kindle previewer 3.41 now goes to the current version which is 3.42.

================================ qqz40z_log.csv ================================

"Warning – these warnings may block the book from ingestion so we recommend fixing"
"ET Errors – these errors will cause the book to not have Enhanced typesetting enabled."
"ET Warnings – these warnings are caused when we ignore a style or construct which is not supported in Enhanced typesetting."
"Warning","W28001: CSS style specified in content is not supported by Kindle readers. Removing the CSS property: 'max-width' in file: stylesheet.css","","",""
"Warning","W14019: Cover is too small : ","","",""

{"title": "KFX conversion failed", "det_msg": "", "level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert ebook name</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book"} (Error Code: 1)
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 43, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 28, in gui_convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 297, in convert_using_previewer
calibre.ebooks.conversion.ConversionUserFeedBack: {"title": "KFX conversion failed", "det_msg": "", "level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert ebook name</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book"}
Did you solve it? I have the same problem. I'm using Kindle Previewer 3.43 (the 3.42 version it's off).
DeanMoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:05 PM   #896
karljs
karljs has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Forma
I've tried converting a few of the epubs produced by Standard Ebooks to KFX and routinely encounter a bug. Their colophon page near the beginning of the book is supposed to be centered, but after conversion it is routinely left-aligned.

It looks to me like the CSS achieves this my setting width to 75% and then the margin to
Code:
margin: 1em auto 0
Somehow this is lost in converting to KFX, even though the AZW3 files that Standard Ebooks provides are able to achieve it just fine.

I don't know if this is the fault of Standard Ebooks for using something nonstandard, the plugin, or perhaps a bug in the Kindle Previewer itself, but I figured I'd start here.

Here's a snippet of the log:

Spoiler:
calibre Debug log
calibre 4.23 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 33, 0) && DeDRM (6, 8, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 33, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 33, 0) && KFX Input (1, 33, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 7, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 4) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 2, 9) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 43, 0) && KFX Output (1, 43, 0) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 2, 12)
calibre 4.23 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 33, 0) && DeDRM (6, 8, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 33, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 33, 0) && KFX Input (1, 33, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 7, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 4) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 2, 9) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 43, 0) && KFX Output (1, 43, 0) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 2, 12)
Turning off automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 144.0 x 144.0
physicalDpi: 160.157635468 x 157.203438395
Using calibre Qt style: False
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.39] splash screen shown
[0.39] Initializing db...
[0.39] db initialized
[0.39] Constructing main UI...

<snip>

Job: 0 Convert book 1 of 1 (The Woman in White) finished
Convert book 1 of 1 (The Woman in White)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
output_profile: u'kindle_oasis'
read_metadata_from_opf: u'C:\\Users\\micro\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ woqts6\\bnxubo.opf'
cover: u'C:\\Users\\micro\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ woqts6\\ym_h_g.jpeg'
verbose: 2
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 4.23.0
{'approximate_pages': False,
'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'cde_type_pdoc': False,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\Users\\micro\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ woqts6\\ym_h_g.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'enable_timeout': False,
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x000001F196534348>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'number_of_pages_field': u'(auto)',
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleOasisOutput object at 0x000001F19653EA08>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\micro\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ woqts6\\bnxubo.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'show_kpr_logs': False,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_woqts6\o ipzox.epub
Parsing all content...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-2-3.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-3.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-9.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-3-3.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-3-4.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-10.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-4-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-9.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/colophon.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-3-7.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-8.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-5-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-2-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-10.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-5-3.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-3-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-2-4.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-11.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/part-3.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-4-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-5.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-6.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-15.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-3-6.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-4.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-10.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-3.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/uncopyright.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-2-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-11.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-5.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-6.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-3-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-5-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-7.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-3.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-3-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-14.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-12.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-4.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/preface.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/part-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-6.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-1-4.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/toc.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/css/local.css ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-13.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-8.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/endnotes.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-7.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-3-5.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/css/core.css ...
CSSStylesheet: Unknown @rule found. [222:1: @supports]
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-7.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-3-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/imprint.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-8.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/titlepage.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/part-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-3-1-5.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/dedication.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-3-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-2-1.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-3-2.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/halftitle.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-1-1-9.xhtml ...
Parsing epub/text/chapter-2-2-1.xhtml ...
Reading TOC from NCX...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Removing fake margins...
Found 1 items of level: p_7
Found 14 items of level: p_6
Found 1407 items of level: p_5
Found 2562 items of level: p_4
Found 124 items of level: p_3
Found 21 items of level: p_2
Ignoring level p_7
Ignoring level p_6
Ignoring level p_2
p_5 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 1407})
p_5 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 1407})
p_4 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 2562})
p_4 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 2562})
p_3 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 123, u'auto': 1})
p_3 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 123, u'auto': 1})
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Trimming u'epub/toc.xhtml' from manifest
Trimming u'epub/toc.ncx' from manifest
Creating KFX Output...
Software versions: KFX Output 1.43.0, calibre 4.23 [64bit], Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0
KFX Output plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272407
Rescaling image from 1400x340 to 1222x296 epub/images/titlepage.png
Rescaling image from 1400x2100 to 1092x1638 cover.jpeg
Splitting markup on page breaks and flow limits, if any...
Successfully converted input format to EPUB
Converting C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_woqts6\w jz_yf.epub
Converting C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_woqts6\w jz_yf.epub to KPF
Preparing book C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_woqts6\w jz_yf.epub for conversion
Removed calibre class from 2 br in epub/text/uncopyright.xhtml
Changed EPUB language from 'en' to 'en-GB'
Launching Kindle Previewer 3 (3.38.0) - CLI

************ Kindle Previewer Conversion Guidance ************
Warning W28001: CSS style specified in content is not supported by Kindle readers. Removing the CSS property: 'max-width' in file: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\9652b446-32f4-4e23-a8f5-78f22a5e3865\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E4_8_1A_A_2F_10_16E_ 3234_1A3C_1\stylesheet.css

Warning W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag: <header class="calibre2" amzn-src-id="27"> in file: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\9652b446-32f4-4e23-a8f5-78f22a5e3865\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E4_8_1A_A_2F_10_16E_ 3234_1A3C_1\epub\text\imprint.xhtml line: 0000012

Warning W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag: <header class="calibre17" amzn-src-id="3070"> in file: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\9652b446-32f4-4e23-a8f5-78f22a5e3865\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E4_8_1A_A_2F_10_16E_ 3234_1A3C_1\epub\text\chapter-2-1-10.xhtml line: 0000032

Warning W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag: <header class="calibre19" amzn-src-id="3076"> in file: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\9652b446-32f4-4e23-a8f5-78f22a5e3865\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E4_8_1A_A_2F_10_16E_ 3234_1A3C_1\epub\text\chapter-2-1-10.xhtml line: 0000038

Warning W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag: <header class="calibre19" amzn-src-id="3631"> in file: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\9652b446-32f4-4e23-a8f5-78f22a5e3865\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E4_8_1A_A_2F_10_16E_ 3234_1A3C_1\epub\text\chapter-2-4-1.xhtml line: 0000015

Warning W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag: <header class="calibre2" amzn-src-id="5505"> in file: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\9652b446-32f4-4e23-a8f5-78f22a5e3865\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E4_8_1A_A_2F_10_16E_ 3234_1A3C_1\epub\text\colophon.xhtml line: 0000012

Successfully converted EPUB to KPF
Converting C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_woqts6\b l1rsy.kpf
Processing container: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_woqts6\b l1rsy.kpf
Removed 3 KDF SQLite file fingerprint(s)
kfxgen version: kfxlib-20200702
Features: CanonicalFormat-1, kfxgen.textBlock-1, max_id-786, reflow-style-6
Metadata: ASIN=1IPQUIXQBOCHNH9S77F8GS9A588GUM1S, asset_id=CR!R1M1PIPXTWRT4NCRRV5M7RULMMA3, author="Collins, Wilkie", book_id=6B0a8DgcQom3sMtWd9YmNQ0, cde_content_type=EBOK, content_id=1IPQUIXQBOCHNH9S77F8Storage number map:
{(7L, 0L): [(4L, 'C')]}

I'm also happy to provide a zip of the full debug output if that's helpful.
karljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:34 PM   #897
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karljs View Post
I've tried converting a few of the epubs produced by Standard Ebooks to KFX and routinely encounter a bug. Their colophon page near the beginning of the book is supposed to be centered, but after conversion it is routinely left-aligned.
I downloaded the EPUB format of the book shown in your log (The Woman in White) from Standard Ebooks. When I opened it using the calibre reader the text on the publisher page was centered as expected. I then opened the EPUB using the Kindle Previewer and found that the publisher page is incorrectly displayed left aligned after Enhanced Typesetting (KFX) conversion.

So the problem lies either in with the conversion performed by the Previewer or the display of the result by the KFX renderer. In any case, the fault is Amazon's.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:49 PM   #898
karljs
karljs has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I downloaded the EPUB format of the book shown in your log (The Woman in White) from Standard Ebooks. When I opened it using the calibre reader the text on the publisher page was centered as expected. I then opened the EPUB using the Kindle Previewer and found that the publisher page is incorrectly displayed left aligned after Enhanced Typesetting (KFX) conversion.

So the problem lies either in with the conversion performed by the Previewer or the display of the result by the KFX renderer. In any case, the fault is Amazon's.
That makes sense. Thanks for helping to investigate. Maybe I'll see if there's a way to report a bug to Amazon.
karljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:26 AM   #899
mikev1
mikev1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to get help with the KFX Output plugin. It seems that no matter what I try, I always get "Conversion error: Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book".

I get this error on every book. I even tested with the book you recommend in the original post "Shelley, Mary: Frankenstein" and I got the same error.

I'm using calibre version 4.23.0, Kindle Previewer 3.43.0, KFX Output 1.43.0 on Windows 10 64bit.
mikev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:42 AM   #900
mikev1
mikev1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev1 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to get help with the KFX Output plugin. It seems that no matter what I try, I always get "Conversion error: Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book".

I get this error on every book. I even tested with the book you recommend in the original post "Shelley, Mary: Frankenstein" and I got the same error.

I'm using calibre version 4.23.0, Kindle Previewer 3.43.0, KFX Output 1.43.0 on Windows 10 64bit.
Sorry for the double post.

Here's the complete error log:
Spoiler:
Convert book 1 of 1 (Frankenstein)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
cover: u'C:\\Users\\Mihai\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ lmuwzz\\hcnbck.jpeg'
output_profile: u'kindle_pw3'
show_kpr_logs: True
approximate_pages: True
read_metadata_from_opf: u'C:\\Users\\Mihai\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ lmuwzz\\0k2vor.opf'
verbose: 2
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 4.23.0
{'approximate_pages': True,
'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'cde_type_pdoc': False,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\Users\\Mihai\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ lmuwzz\\hcnbck.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'enable_timeout': False,
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x0506B7D0>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'number_of_pages_field': u'(auto)',
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindlePaperWhite3Outpu t object at 0x0506BBD0>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\Mihai\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ lmuwzz\\0k2vor.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'show_kpr_logs': True,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\9 zx0sh.epub
Found HTML cover OEBPS/Text/Cover.xhtml
Parsing all content...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter03.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter04.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter01.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter13.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter08.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter14.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter09.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter17.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter11.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter20.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter06.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter05.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Cover.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter18.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter02.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter04.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Title.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Styles/Stil.css ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter03.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter12.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter07.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter15.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter19.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter16.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter21.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter01.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter22.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter23.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter25.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter02.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter24.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter10.xhtml ...
Reading TOC from NCX...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Removing fake margins...
Found 33 items of level: p_2
Found 677 items of level: p_1
Found 3 items of level: div_1
p_2 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 33})
p_2 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 30, u'1em': 3})
p_1 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 674, u'3em': 3})
p_1 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 671, u'3em': 3, u'1em': 3})
div_1 left margin stats: Counter({u'2em': 3})
div_1 right margin stats: Counter({u'2em': 3})
Removing level div_1 left margin of: 2em
Removing level div_1 right margin of: 2em
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Trimming u'OEBPS/Text/Cover.xhtml' from manifest
Creating KFX Output...
Software versions: KFX Output 1.43.0, calibre 4.23, Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0
KFX Output plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272407
Splitting markup on page breaks and flow limits, if any...
Successfully converted input format to EPUB
Converting C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\c 7fw0o.epub
Converting C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\c 7fw0o.epub to KPF
Preparing book C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\c 7fw0o.epub for conversion
Removed calibre class from 7 br in OEBPS/Text/Chapter05.xhtml
Removed calibre class from 8 br in OEBPS/Text/Chapter10.xhtml
Removed calibre class from 9 br in OEBPS/Text/Chapter18.xhtml
Removed calibre class from 1 br in OEBPS/Text/Chapter25.xhtml
Removed calibre class from 1 br in OEBPS/Text/Letter01.xhtml
Removed calibre class from 1 br in OEBPS/Text/Title.xhtml
Launching Kindle Previewer 3 (unknown_37035464) - CLI

****************** Conversion Failure Reason *****************

************** Kindle Previewer Conversion Logs **************

=============================== log_KPR_CLI.txt ===============================

Kindle Previewer 3.43.0 Copyright (c) Amazon.com
Checking specified arguments.
Pre-processing in progress.
Processing 1/1 book(s).
Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book. Generating Mobi file. : C:/Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\ddkv 94\p3zi2vwm85gcxzh8vgao\c7fw0o.epub
Book converted successfully! : C:/Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\ddkv 94\p3zi2vwm85gcxzh8vgao\c7fw0o.epub
Post-processing in progress.
Writing output/log files to C:/Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\ddkv 94\p3zi2vwm85gcxzh8vgao\0006

=============================== CLI environment ===============================

platform: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0, architecture: ('32bit', 'WindowsPE'), locale: cp1252
program_path: C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3
cwd: C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\d dkv94\p3zi2vwm85gcxzh8vgao\0006
argv:
C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\Kindle Previewer 3.exe
C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\d dkv94\p3zi2vwm85gcxzh8vgao\c7fw0o.epub
-convert
-locale
en
-output
C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\d dkv94\p3zi2vwm85gcxzh8vgao\0006
environment:
OS = Windows_NT
PATHEXT = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;. MSC
Path = C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsP owerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Pr ogram Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\resources\bin;C:\ProgramData\D ockerDesktop\version-bin;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;C:\Users\Mihai\A ppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\Mihai\ AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Roaming\Amazon
SystemDrive = C:
SystemRoot = C:\Windows
TEMP = C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP = C:\Users\Mihai\AppData\Local\Temp
USERNAME = Mihai
USERPROFILE = C:\Users\Mihai
WINDIR = C:\Windows

=============================== Summary_Log.csv ===============================

"Book Name","Enhanced Typesetting Status","Conversion Status","Error Count","Warning Count","Quality Issue Count","Output File Path","Log File Path","Quality Report Path"
"c7fw0o","Not Supported","Success","0","0","0","C:\Users\Mihai\A ppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\ddkv94\p3zi2vwm85 gcxzh8vgao\0006\Mobi\c7fw0o.mobi","C:\Users\Mihai\ AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_lmuwzz\ddkv94\p3zi2vwm8 5gcxzh8vgao\0006\Logs\c7fw0o_log.csv",""

================================ c7fw0o_log.csv ================================

{"level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert Frankenstein</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book", "det_msg": "", "title": "KFX conversion failed"} (Error Code: 1)
calibre.ebooks.conversion.ConversionUserFeedBack: {"level": "error", "msg": "<b>Cannot convert Frankenstein</b><br><br><b>Conversion error:</b> Enhanced Typesetting not supported for this book", "det_msg": "", "title": "KFX conversion failed"}
mikev1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine