Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-07-2024, 08:30 PM   #1
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Dimming Film for Touchscreen Device

Has anyone come across film that can be used to dim the display of a touchscreen device? Even with the backlight set to its lowest setting and the screen inverted (white text on black), it is still brighter than I want. But I haven't been able to find a film that will work.
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 06:45 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Car window "privacy" film shouldn't interfere with the touch. It comes in different densities. Maybe a local car modding shop would cut and apply it. There are several places here that do it for cars.

What badly made make of tablet is it that doesn't dim enough?

Note polarised film has to be added at the correct angle as LCDs are polarised. OLED is not.

Failing that, wear sunglasses?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2024, 07:29 AM   #3
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

What badly made make of tablet is it that doesn't dim enough?
It's a Kobo Libra H2O, so not badly made at all. I think I'm just more sensitive to it.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:30 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
It's a Kobo Libra H2O, so not badly made at all. I think I'm just more sensitive to it.
My Libra2 (and Aura2) dims to OFF (@ 0%). Your H2O may be defective
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:53 AM   #5
jeff47
Connoisseur

Mine goes to zero too, but then I can't see it! I want something between "off" and the next lowest setting.
Advert
Old 04-08-2024, 01:03 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I assumed it was a dopey cheap tablet. I've a Libra and a Libra 2.

Either your Libra is faulty or you have very strange eyes. My night sight is pretty good and 1% to 3% is really too dim on either for comfortable reading in "Light mode". A Tea-light and an old paperback is brighter.

Also you can vary the 2nd slider to make it more orange, which is dimmer.

It does go in 1% steps and below 5% is very dim. More than 8% to 10% might be a little bright if you are in total darkness.

Are you in a basement, or a room with total blackout blinds?

Maybe it's defective if there is not a smooth gradation between 0 and 10%.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote