Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2022, 05:31 PM   #1
WickedQueen88
WickedQueen88 began at the beginning.

Device: ONN Tablet
I want to edit the ebooks and then add them to my google drive

I want to edit the metadata on my ebooks and then I want to save them to my google drive or something I can use to store them online so that I can read the from my phone or tablet.

The best thing I can think of would be "Google Drive" but the I have (3) files do I need all (3) files or is there a way to just use the PDF files.

I normally just keep all (3) files but what do I really need to keep.

I'm still a bit new to all of this and don't really know.

Preference says "Save Cover separately" which is checked and then there is also "Update metadata in saved copies" which is also checked. And then there is "Save metadata in separate opf files" which is also checked.

What dose save cover separately even mean dose that mean as a jpg file and not on the pdf file. Or what I am not sure. Plus saving the "OPF" file is that needed since the metadata will be saved to the pdf file anyways.

So do I really need the 2 extra files or not. Or do I keep using the (3) files but only save the "PDF" to the "Google Drive".

How should I save these files.
WickedQueen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 03:46 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For what you want to do, you only need the book files - PDF's, EPUB etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert