Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 01:02 AM   #76
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
Looking forward to it, will post thoughts! Am using to read PDFs for work, and am hoping password-protection for the whole device is an option (I assume so?)

Am also hoping Onenote for Android will work.
That's fantastic! I'm looking forward to your review.

May I ask from where you ordered it, and in which country you're located? Also, what is the estimated shipping time?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #77
Maginus
Maginus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (1st edition)
I've also just ordered - From ereader.store (German store). I live in the UK. I'm very much looking forward to recieving it. The page says that it is in stock but the description says it is expected in stock tomorrow. Either way it should be on its way soon. I'll probably post a few thoughts here after recieving it - Main usage will be reading PDF's for university (As well as standard epub)

Last edited by Maginus; 01-20-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Maginus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #78
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
That's fantastic! I'm looking forward to your review.
May I ask from where you ordered it, and in which country you're located? Also, what is the estimated shipping time?
I saw some information from Boyue facebook which may helpful for your question: "Now the first batch of Mimas already shipped out to our agent, you can order here according where you want to ship from🥰🥰 :
1) Germany(Ereader Store): https://ereader.store/en/boyue-likebook/boyue-likebook-mimas-43.html
2) Canada(Goodereader): https://goodereader.com/blog/product/boyue-likebook-mimas-10-3-octacore-glowlight-stylus-free-case?fbclid=IwAR15O4uZ4lQmmy7YdznefzdN7f7S9qjpgUXP OCvzrwS8VON5xd9hPza-cV8
3) China(Aliexpress Likebook): https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2019-New-Arrival-likebook-mimas-10-3-inch-E-reader-with-Octa-core-2GB-RAM-with/3333002_32969971839.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.754 a1d151pR0G9&fbclid=IwAR2tTHS-MHjcz2LwyVt8rwXvOQEfA-k3GZkUMbzdKhmNEbZSjIjJ2gQEC5M
4)HK (Rainbowgk):https://www.rainbowhk.co/products/likebook-mimas?fbclid=IwAR0m4GuITBADs_09YPalAUDYc12E7zPFaRL TrKYYzpwtwLAbWjH5VMMe5-U
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #79
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio7 View Post
On paper, it looks like a nice device (128Gb micoSD card, page turn buttons).
Will it be possible to uninstall Google bloatwares (googleplay, gmail, gmaps, youtube..) ?
I think it is ok as I saw they replied on their facebook that Likebook Mimas can support Google play store. Also it is android 6 system, maybe there is not much problem for android apps installation...
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:13 PM   #80
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivNoxx View Post
Do you know if this device will have palm rejection?
Because, from what I've seen in the videos, the person reviewing the Mimas doesn't rest their hand in the screen.
This is a great issue for me, having that huge screen and no palm rejection would make note taking really uncomfortable.
It has palm rejection, which I saw from the product listing on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2019-New-Arrival-likebook-mimas-10-3-inch-E-reader-with-Octa-core-2GB-RAM-with/3333002_32969971839.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.754 a1d151pR0G9&fbclid=IwAR2tTHS-MHjcz2LwyVt8rwXvOQEfA-k3GZkUMbzdKhmNEbZSjIjJ2gQEC5M
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #81
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Arrivals expected mid February....😮
I saw it said: "In Stock.Processing 2-3 days" on ereaderstore: https://ereader.store/en/boyue-likebook/boyue-likebook-mimas-43.html
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #82
Cengizhan Gunes
Cengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheese

Device: onyx
Looking froward to Likebook Mimas as I am satisfied it very much after watched the review from Goodereader:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQz5a4DXVTU
Cengizhan Gunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #83
Cengizhan Gunes
Cengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheeseCengizhan Gunes can extract oil from cheese

Device: onyx
Any body already order here? When will they ship? https://ereader.store/en/boyue-likeb...-mimas-43.html
Cengizhan Gunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:34 AM   #84
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
I find this product very expensive if you order it from aliexpress: it doesn't include taxes and its cost is near German seller's. And, of course, german seller's price includes its profit and VAT.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:50 AM   #85
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

It's very expensive, it should cost 340 - 350 € maximum, in fact you can find in AliExpress a Xiaomi Mi 8 Global version for 300 €, obviously the Mi 8 sales are much more but it's components are more expensive, if Boyue does not fall the price I won't buy... 409 €? Seriously?
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #86
Maginus
Maginus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (1st edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cengizhan Gunes View Post
Any body already order here? When will they ship? https://ereader.store/en/boyue-likeb...-mimas-43.html
I did. They should ship a few days after ordering - Mine currently has the status "Preparing for shipment" and I ordered yesterday (20th)
Maginus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #87
pawherry
Econ Member
pawherry began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96ML and Kindle Voyage
Is the Mimas Really Overpriced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Manuel S View Post
It's very expensive, it should cost 340 - 350 € maximum, in fact you can find in AliExpress a Xiaomi Mi 8 Global version for 300 €, obviously the Mi 8 sales are much more but it's components are more expensive, if Boyue does not fall the price I won't buy... 409 €? Seriously?
The Likebook Mimas would cost more than the Mi 8. Since there is a smaller demand the fixed costs associated with the Mimas would be spread over less units. The Mimas is the first 10.3 inch e-ink device with a front light. Premium features dictate a premium price unfortunately. Though it does make one wonder why a device such as the Kindle DX is still being sold for high price in comparison to its set of features. At least Boyue still runs less than Boox.
pawherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:07 PM   #88
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
The MI 8 is also subsidized don't forget that. They make a loss selling the device but sell many data services on it. It even has ads in the settings menu in the stock roms. The mimas doesn't do this, it's a one price and it's yours to be an add free device that will sell in smaller volume.
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #89
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawherry View Post
The Likebook Mimas would cost more than the Mi 8. Since there is a smaller demand the fixed costs associated with the Mimas would be spread over less units. The Mimas is the first 10.3 inch e-ink device with a front light. Premium features dictate a premium price unfortunately. Though it does make one wonder why a device such as the Kindle DX is still being sold for high price in comparison to its set of features. At least Boyue still runs less than Boox.
Yes, but Boox has an already long and successful path run. Its devices have been polished for years. If the unique difference with Boyue's is the front light, I'm not interested. Eight cores vs four cores? It doesn't mean an appreciable advantage in these devices.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #90
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

The CPU RK3368 was released in 2015, it has 2GB RAM and 16 GB storage. Therefore the motherboard is really cheap, the finished is good but it is plastic, the only expensive things are the screen and the develop of the software, but 400 €?
Xiaomi could be subsidized, but how much? 50 €? It has 6 GB RAM, 64 GB storaged, latest Qualcomm CPU and Amoled display. Lei Jun (CEO of Xiaomi) said that Xiaomi products will have a margin of 5%, they don't sell with losses.

It can cost perfectly 340 - 350 € with profits, the problem is the level of production that is very low by now.

Last edited by Jose Manuel S; 01-21-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote