Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #1576
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You want the "Store/Restore current bookmark" function. It can get the last read timestamp, the percent read and the location. And later restore them if you want. The store can be automated so that it happens on each connection. You need to configure the columns to store the data in. There is help describing what you need to do.

Different words, was why I had issues (I rarely bookmark)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:14 PM   #1577
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Different words, was why I had issues (I rarely bookmark)
Yeah, I shouldn't have used "bookmark" when I did this. I think I found "current reading position" to be clumsy. And I was probably thinking of bookmarks in pbook terms. Though I never used an actual bookmark (something made for the purpose). But, I can track a bit of my pre-ebook reading based on the train ticket that I was using as a bookmark.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2019, 09:22 PM   #1578
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah, I shouldn't have used "bookmark" when I did this. I think I found "current reading position" to be clumsy. And I was probably thinking of bookmarks in pbook terms. Though I never used an actual bookmark (something made for the purpose). But, I can track a bit of my pre-ebook reading based on the train ticket that I was using as a bookmark.
Book Status?
Old 02-28-2019, 12:20 AM   #1579
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Book Status?
Better, but, I just realised that when discussing this, I tend to use "reading status".
Old 02-28-2019, 01:00 AM   #1580
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Better, but, I just realised that when discussing this, I tend to use "reading status".
The reason I used Book, was because it had more than just progress items.
Advert
Old 03-28-2019, 07:39 AM   #1581
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.7.0

I have just released version 2.7.0 of the plugin. There are no big changes in this release, just a few things I have add/changed in the last little while.
  • New: Option to open cover image directory.
  • Fix: Set the ___SyncTime when setting the LastDateRead if the ___SyncTime is later.
  • Fix: Change annotation builder to handle recent change in BeautifulSoup.

This should be announce by calibre in the next hour or so. As usual, if there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:13 AM   #1582
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Would this Utility be the place to have books marked 'finished' on my Aura, set the date (of connection)(if not already set) or a True (tick) in the configured column in the library?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:15 PM   #1583
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Would this Utility be the place to have books marked 'finished' on my Aura, set the date (of connection)(if not already set) or a True (tick) in the configured column in the library?
You can achieve that, in two different ways.

If you just want to mark books as complete on the device and don't care about dates and things, then select the books in the library list and use the "Update metadata in device library" option. At the bottom of that dialog are options to set the reading status. You can also do this from the device list, but the option is "Change Reading Status in device library". The latter allows you to change the status for books not in the current calibre library.

The other way is the "Store/Restore current bookmark". With this, the "Store" action will fetch from the device the current reading location, percent read and the last read timestamp and put them in custom columns. The percent read does depend on the reading status on the device. If the book is "Unread" it will be cleared. If the book is "Finished", it is set to 100. Otherwise, it is whatever number is shown on the device.

The "Restore" action will update the device based on the values in the library. So, if the percent read is set to 100, it marks the book as finished. You can set this in the library manually if you don't want to use the store action.

This was originally written as a way to recover after a factory reset. That is why it stores the actual reading location. But, each field is optional (there is also the rating but that only works for purchased books). It can also be used to sync the reading position to other Kobo ereaders. I've used it this way when setting up a new device.

I have considered changing this allow using a yes/no for the status, but, this is more flexible. Plus I have an icon rule that shows a tick if it is finished or an open book plus the number if it is being read. Plus other icons depending on other columns.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:59 PM   #1584
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Thanks David,
I wanted to update Calibre (#read) on the next connect..
In device view, I see Im_reading in the Collections column (I don't have a 'finished' on my device at this time
Old 03-29-2019, 12:05 AM   #1585
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I wanted to update Calibre (#read) on the next connect..
In device view, I see Im_reading in the Collections column (I don't have a 'finished' on my device at this time
The plugin can automatically run the store of reading status when the device is connected. But, it is getting the status as I described above. The columns used need to be configured plus selecting some options. That is done in the plugin configuration.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:00 AM   #1586
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
The plugin can automatically run the store of reading status when the device is connected. But, it is getting the status as I described above. The columns used need to be configured plus selecting some options. That is done in the plugin configuration.
I'm doing something else wrong, because it was set (and I had forgotten that I did that )
Old 03-29-2019, 11:53 PM   #1587
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm doing something else wrong, because it was set (and I had forgotten that I did that )
If the configuration is right, it should work. Make sure the configuration profile has the right device selected, or "*Any Device". If it is, could you run calibre in debug mode and post the log. Hopefully I will be able to see what is wrong.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #1588
theducks
Well trained by Cats

It finally ran. I ticked: Prompt....
It marked all the books I had started reading (I jump around a lot)

That was the only field I had set

Then I re-read the setting label: Last Read Column, Not Finished reading
(I recovered from my goof as all had the same Last_modified time stamp, so I simply cleared the field in the Library)

I turned it off. I only wanted a Lazymans way of marking Finished (done reading). I can continue doing it like I have for the previous 2 devices and 8 years.

Thanks for you help. I really need to stop and let things sink in before I change stuff
Old 04-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #1589
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Is there an update for the latest Kobo firmware? I saw an update for the plugin to 2.7.0 and thinking it must be the one for the latest firmware I updated my Kobo to the latest version and now the database sync is disabled.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #1590
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
Is there an update for the latest Kobo firmware? I saw an update for the plugin to 2.7.0 and thinking it must be the one for the latest firmware I updated my Kobo to the latest version and now the database sync is disabled.
If by "database sync", you mean you are getting an error during the initial connection to the device, that is not from this plugin. That is in the KoboTouch driver. As always, there is a thread in the Kobo forum to discuss it. Including the calibre status. Which is that the update to support the new firmware version will be in the next calibre release. And that, until then, using the "Attempt to support newer firmware" in the driver is safe.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities