Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-14-2019, 07:10 PM   #616
stwoodsus
stwoodsus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Angry Problem - Bookmarks with Likebook Mars system Reader

Hi,

I am trying to use the default reader that came with the Lifebook Mars. Seems okay. I know that there re lots of reader apps that can be used but I was thinking of just using the basic one.

Seems pretty good for my purposes. I did see a post regarding the Dictionaries so I added a couple and that worked just fine.

The only problem I have with the default reader is that I cannot find any way of adding a Bookmark to a book when I am reading it.

I can see that there is are 4 tabs available as follows:

Catalog (Index)
Bookmark
Underline
Note

Looks like there should be a way of adding a bookmark and then I am guessing that any added bookmarks wil show up on the "Bookmark" tab.

Anyone know how to do this?
stwoodsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:54 AM   #617
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
I had the same question and I emailed boyue with that.

You just have to touch the top right corner of the page you want to bookmark. Like you were bending the corner of a page!

Last edited by verserquer; 02-15-2019 at 01:04 AM.
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #618
stwoodsus
stwoodsus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by verserquer View Post

You just have to touch the top right corner of the page you want to bookmark. Like you were bending the corner of a page!
Thanks. That's the answer
stwoodsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #619
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by verserquer View Post

Thank you for mentioning that!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:30 AM   #620
rgm
Enthusiast
rgm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgm View Post
Thanks for this funny response.

Seller was quickly response and he offered all this:
1. full refund.
2. paying postage for send it back.
3. Additionally he offered a (small) discount for the new one.
4. And because delivery was over 15 days (10 days was the quarantined from Spain warehouse) he also offered an another small refund for this.

So i think it is nice seller attitude.
I recommend the Official Likebook Reader Store on Aliexpress.

Robert
Hi,
As i wrote Likebook Mars was faulty. I bought from Official Likebook Reader Store on Aliexpress.

Seller promised to pays shipping cost ( ~22USD) to China back. (and some compensation for late arrive, it was a week over the max delivery time ...)

I sent item back and seller never ever answered to me!

Unfortunately Aliexpress can't -or won't- force seller to keep his word.
I spent hours, with different Ali customer service representatives, mostly was promising to help - always after long chats.

Ali cust service finally offered a coupon as a postage compensation because they ensured, that seller not answered to me.

I escalated this because that coupon would be valid only for few days and i was promised to get back the postage cost.

(Finally seller sent 19 USD?? as the postage cost - i assume Ali "ask" him- but never answer about the coupon he promised for replacement.)
So i got -most of- my money back, but i spent ~ 10 Hours with arguing- with helpdesk, stays days in hopeless -

So i think Ebay or PayPal buyers protection is much much buyer friendly than Aliexpress.

So finally I don't recommend Mars to buy from Aliexpress -especially from this seller/store. Sad to say it because Spain store could have been a big advantage!

You should consider to buy Likebook Mars from Gearbeast or Bangoods because you can pay by Paypal which is a lot more safe.
rgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #621
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgm View Post
Hi,
As i wrote Likebook Mars was faulty. I bought from Official Likebook Reader Store on Aliexpress.

Seller promised to pays shipping cost ( ~22USD) to China back. (and some compensation for late arrive, it was a week over the max delivery time ...)

I sent item back and seller never ever answered to me!

Unfortunately Aliexpress can't -or won't- force seller to keep his word.
I spent hours, with different Ali customer service representatives, mostly was promising to help - always after long chats.

Ali cust service finally offered a coupon as a postage compensation because they ensured, that seller not answered to me.

I escalated this because that coupon would be valid only for few days and i was promised to get back the postage cost.

(Finally seller sent 19 USD?? as the postage cost - i assume Ali "ask" him- but never answer about the coupon he promised for replacement.)
So i got -most of- my money back, but i spent ~ 10 Hours with arguing- with helpdesk, stays days in hopeless -

So i think Ebay or PayPal buyers protection is much much buyer friendly than Aliexpress.

So finally I don't recommend Mars to buy from Aliexpress -especially from this seller/store. Sad to say it because Spain store could have been a big advantage!

You should consider to buy Likebook Mars from Gearbeast or Bangoods because you can pay by Paypal which is a lot more safe.
So they just sent you 19 USD as a postage refund but did not refund the amount of the device 220USD? Mine came fine and I had no issues but yeah support at alli is like 50/50 and I was able to use paypal on mine when I bought it off there, maybe they cant do it for Spain for some reason?
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:33 AM   #622
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Its worth sticking to Amazon to be honest, if you are based in Europe. At least for the first month you can send the item back with no questions asked. I wasn’t impressed with the Buoyue’s customer service. I emailed them 3 times from different email providers that was 2 months ago. No reply yet. Luckily for me the update few weeks back fixed the main issues I had. So I kept its working fine. My recommendation is sticking to Amazon (various EU sites) and Ereader store. I avoid Aliexpress, the customer services is stressful and annoying. I also use ebay. I like my Likebook Mars and i use it a lot. Onyx International from my own experience are more professional and supportive. I hope you did get your money back for the device.
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:47 PM   #623
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryink View Post
Its worth sticking to Amazon to be honest, if you are based in Europe. At least for the first month you can send the item back with no questions asked. I wasn’t impressed with the Buoyue’s customer service. I emailed them 3 times from different email providers that was 2 months ago. No reply yet. Luckily for me the update few weeks back fixed the main issues I had. So I kept its working fine. My recommendation is sticking to Amazon (various EU sites) and Ereader store. I avoid Aliexpress, the customer services is stressful and annoying. I also use ebay. I like my Likebook Mars and i use it a lot. Onyx International from my own experience are more professional and supportive. I hope you did get your money back for the device.
I agree with you about buying from Amazon if you can, but disagree with you recommending Ereader.Store.

I ended up paying more to buy the Boyue Likebook Mimas from Ereader.Store in Germany. I had some problems with the device I received, and I sent them an email about it. Neither the USB-C cable nor the stylus I received with the device worked correctly. I wasn't sure if the pen problem was the stylus, nibs, screen, software or some combination, and could have used some guidance.

I also needed some advice when the included cable I received failed to connect the device to any computer, and I spent many frustrating hours thinking it was a Windows/driver problem - until I purchased a new cable locally and it immediately connected with no problem.

I was so disappointed with Ereader.Store. I sent them an email explaining the problems I had and included the receipt for the replacement cable... and they never even replied to my email at all! That's unacceptable! I thought they were supposed to have good customer service? Isn't that Booxter's store, who posts here?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #624
Piripocchia
Piripocchia began at the beginning.

Device: likebook mars
Smile

Hi! I'm new in Mobileread forum. Few weeks ago I buy a Likebook Mars from amazon. I had Kobo mini, Kobo h20, but this ereader is at top!
I've a question.
How I can use an off-line dictionary with stock reader?
I found some dictionaries on line, I download them and they work fine with Moon Reader Pro, but I'd like to use stock reader.
My dictionaries are babylon (.bgl) dictionaries. Do I need to convert them?
Piripocchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #625
rgm
Enthusiast
rgm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Hi
I lost only a few dollars on shipping back cost. ( Seller fault).
And got full refund from Aliexpress. (also lost a few dollars on I used all my coupons. )
but the main pain point was to spend many many hours arguing with customer service.
So I don't recommend this shop on AliExpress.

I ordered another marsh device from Gearbest paid by PayPal ordered 15th of February and got 28 of February with Euexpress. no customs no VAT and the price was exactly the same as on Ali .
And I trust in PayPAL customer protection.

Last edited by rgm; 03-01-2019 at 03:12 PM.
rgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #626
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piripocchia View Post
How I can use an off-line dictionary with stock reader?
See some of my comments earlier in this thread, beginning with #359 in section 24.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #627
Piripocchia
Piripocchia began at the beginning.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
See some of my comments earlier in this thread, beginning with #359 in section 24.
Thank you!
Piripocchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:25 AM   #628
bodobose
bodobose began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I am a new in this forum and seek some help here as my original post in the forum went unanswered.

I have purchased a Likebook Mars ebook reader. I have many ebooks on my PC arranged with Calibre, mostly in MOBI format.

In the "Calibre Library" folder in PC, all the ebooks are arranged in different folders with bookcover images downloaded by me.

In some cases, however, the downloaded bookcover images do not match the cover images of the MOBI format ebooks.

I have a few questions -

1. How to transfer these ebooks from my PC to Likebook Mars device so that the bookcover images downloaded by me are displayed on the ebook reader, not the cover images embedded in the MOBI file?

2. Is there any ebook reader app that shows the downloaded covers, not the embedded covers?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
bodobose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:12 AM   #629
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I believe that calibre can update your MOBI files with the new cover images.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:52 AM   #630
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Indeed. If your files are in AZW3/KF8 format use the "Polish Book" option in Calibre to update the cover image. If it's MOBI7, do a "Mobi to Mobi" conversion to update the cover.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote