Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil-0.9.12 Released

Sigil-0.9.12

For the impatient, the installer files (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of the Github Release page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Sigil release is primarily to address bugs introduced by the upgrade to Qt5.11.2 and Python 3.7 in the previous Sigil release.

Bug Fixes
  • fix typo in cssreformatter that caused errors with @ fontface (issue #394)
  • workaround for qt bug affecting tab close buttons on Mac (commit f3b9399)
  • fix Mac Qt5 plugin dylibs that macdeployqt broke in Sigil-0.9.11

Be aware that Sigil-0.9.12 still enforces the need for epub3 to have and support an NCX so that it generates as backward a compatible epub as possible. This may be relaxed in future releases.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.

Sigil-0.9.12 release page and downloads.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-05-2019 at 08:28 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
  • fix typo in cssreformatter that caused errors with @ fontface (issue #394)
  • workaround for qt bug affecting tab close buttons on Mac (commit f3b9399)
  • fix Mac Qt5 plugin dylibs that macdeployqt broke in Sigil-0.9.11
Rather disappointing. I came here to grumble about the @ fontface issue and the fix for it has already been implemented and released.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Rather disappointing. I came here to grumble about the @ fontface issue and the fix for it has already been implemented and released.
Happy to disappoint!
Old 02-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
And at last, I've released the new update to the Arch Linux repos. https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/c...404597ba9ebf56 Thereby avoiding having to cherry-pick one commit, then immediately drop it again.

Thanks for all your hard work.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:51 PM   #5
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
KevinH & DiapDealer for the amazingly quick fix for the Mac problems. I ran a few tests and 0.9.12 came through with flying colors. You guys are the best!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #6
asleyam
Enthusiast
asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle voyage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One
I use dark mode as default in osx 10.14.3 (iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015).
I have just installed sigil 0.9.12.
If I switch to light mode, the sigil interface has the same appearance as previous versions. But in dark mode it appears like this, as seen in the attached image. Is this just something peculiar to my OSX installation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	262
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	169798  
asleyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:30 AM   #7
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Highlighting Solved

Quote:
Thank you for the Sigil 0.9.11 update.

I have a small problem with Sigil in Windows 7:

Highlighting the contents of the "find" and "replace" fields with a mouse is not working correctly like it used to. Sigil does not appear to respond correctly and the result is frustrating. All other highlighting in Sigil appears to work properly.

This is something I do frequently to delete the contents of find and replace and insert something different in both fields.

As I said, it's just a small niggly problem and Sigil with Calibre remain two of my most important applications.
Duh! When I proceeded to download version 9.12 x 64 bit version I realised I had previously installed v9.11 x 32 bit version. I think that must have been the cause of my erratic highlight problem in the find and replace fields. All is working well now. I apologise for my stupidity and for wasting your time.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Unfortunately, both macOS 10.14 and dark mode for mac are only supported in Qt 5.12 and later and we use Qt 5.11.2. The problem is Qt 5.12 has so many bugs that impact Sigil, we will have to wait for Qt 5.12.2 before moving to that version of Qt. So as far as I know any official Dark Mode support in Qt 5.11.2 is incomplete.

That said, Sigil does respect Qt stylesheets in the form of a qt_styles.qss file that Sigil will load if found. You may be able to work around things using that approach. I think there was a recent thread here about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleyam View Post
I use dark mode as default in osx 10.14.3 (iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015).
I have just installed sigil 0.9.12.
If I switch to light mode, the sigil interface has the same appearance as previous versions. But in dark mode it appears like this, as seen in the attached image. Is this just something peculiar to my OSX installation?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

It sounds like Dark Mode isn't even fully supported yet in Qt5.12 to me. It's getting better, it sounds like, but still not perfect. And even then, it appears that apps need to be built with the very latest versions of of macOS and Xcode for Dark Mode to just almost work correctly (and only when run on those same newest macOS versions).

For obvious reasons, we can't build Sigil with the very latest Qt, on the very latest version of macOS, targeting only the very latest version of macOS.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Apologies Windows users, but a buggy version of libxml2 accidentally made it into both of my Windows installer packages for Sigil-0.9.11/12. Users will experience "entity doubling" (Linux users will remember this issue). One entity in Code View will be doubled in Preview. After saving the entities might be doubled in Code View and quadrupled in Preview... you get the picture.

This is easily fixable without modifying Sigil's sourcecode and without needing to make a new release. I'll fix the Windows installers and re-upload them to the 0.9.12 release page tonight. I'll let you know when it's safe to re-download and install. My apologies.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #11
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Checkbox in Link Stylesheets Dialog

Comming back to my issue form yesterday in the 0.9.11 thread, I'm noticing the same behavior in 0.9.12 but it seems to be a QT issue with Windows 7 classic theme. There are no issues with other themes.
With the classic theme active the current line will be highligthed in darkblue, the check mark is drawn in black. So you have to look very closely to see the black check mark.
If you move the focus to another program the highlight will change to green and the check mark will show up in black.
With former versions using QT 5.6.2 the the check mark was shown in white (on blue) leading to my first, wrong impresson that there is no change at all.
Thats just to notify other Windows-Uses with the classic theme.
Thanks for your hard work.
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black on blue.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	169808   Click image for larger version

Name:	black on green.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	169809  

Last edited by Mark Nord; 02-19-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: typos
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

OK. I have the Windows installers fixed and uploaded (new checksums updated). If you installed Sigil-0.9.12 on Windows before the time of this post, I urge you to redownload and reinstall to avoid any entity-doubling problems. Sorry about the mistake and any confusion.

To quickly find out if you have the bad version installed: open a brand new epub (epub2) and in Code View type "©" (without the quotes) in between the p tags. If you see one copyright symbol in Preview, you're good to go. If you see two copyright symbols, youdDownload the fixed installer from the github release page and reinstall.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-19-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:42 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thanks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:54 PM   #14
asleyam
Enthusiast
asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle voyage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Unfortunately, both macOS 10.14 and dark mode for mac are only supported in Qt 5.12 and later and we use Qt 5.11.2. The problem is Qt 5.12 has so many bugs that impact Sigil, we will have to wait for Qt 5.12.2 before moving to that version of Qt. So as far as I know any official Dark Mode support in Qt 5.11.2 is incomplete.

That said, Sigil does respect Qt stylesheets in the form of a qt_styles.qss file that Sigil will load if found. You may be able to work around things using that approach. I think there was a recent thread here about it.
Thank you for the info. I went to that thread and now have a workable and quite professional (apple) looking dark mode - I am very grateful to all of you for the help.
asleyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:07 AM   #15
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Just a hint: i've no problems assigning stylesheets to (x)html files on W10 x64 like reported elsewhere. Dont know if the version i just downloaded fixed it.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote