Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #31
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm happy to write off that error to garbage data. That was my Test library into which I've tossed and removed every bit of junk and dross you can imagine over the past several years, e.g. there could be icon rules floating around for columns that no longer exist or icons that no longer exist etc.

I'm more concerned that on a clean library with no pre-existing icon rules the EM icon didn't show up on a second item until I shuffled the rules around in L&F Column icons and hit Apply.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #32
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'm more concerned that on a clean library with no pre-existing icon rules the EM icon didn't show up on a second item until I shuffled the rules around in L&F Column icons and hit Apply.

BR
If I restart calibre - all the icons will appear. The problem seems to be related to having multiple icon rules on the same column.

I'll do a test with regular column icons - but IIRC in that case after adding a rule you have to hit the Apply - I'm pretty sure.

BR
Advert
Old 01-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #33
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If I restart calibre - all the icons will appear. The problem seems to be related to having multiple icon rules on the same column.

I'll do a test with regular column icons - but IIRC in that case after adding a rule you have to hit the Apply - I'm pretty sure.

BR
Yeah, after adding/changing/any rules you have to hit Discard or Apply.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #34
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.5 Entity 'Column Color' Rules. Enhancements to 'Column Icon' Rules

Version 1.0.5 - 2019-01-13 Entity 'Column Color' Rules. Enhancements to Entity 'Column Icon' Rules.

ToolTips, including Menu ToolTips, are required reading. There are functions and features that you will not discover or not understand unless you initially read all of the ToolTips, including Menu ToolTips. If you use the Favorites Plug-in instead of toolbar icons, you may have to add the EM icon to a visible toolbar temporarily so you can view the Menu ToolTips.

Refer to the images attached to the Original Post for EM.

NOTE: Version 1.04 EM users must click the EM icon one time to invoke the EM main window, which will automatically upgrade your database to Version 1.0.5 which has more EM tables than the prior version. The main EM menu action always does any necessary housekeeping every time it starts. There is a ToolTip to that effect in the menus of Column Icon Rules and Column Color Rules.

Example housekeeping: you add a new Custom Column to the current Library. EM must know about it before you add Icon or Color Rules, or even create an Entity for that new Entity Type.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 01-13-2019 at 04:22 PM. Reason: more.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:56 AM   #35
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
ToolTips, including Menu ToolTips, are required reading. There are functions and features that you will not discover or not understand unless you initially read all of the ToolTips
Can I have a plugin that converts .ui files (with tooltips) into an epub? :->
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2019, 04:26 AM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
If you use the Favorites Plug-in instead of toolbar icons, you may have to add the EM icon to a visible toolbar temporarily so you can view the Menu ToolTips.
I have EM in the book list context menu, my problem with the tool tips is that they obscure the list of available drop down options, i.e. the very things they are describing. Same thing happens if I put EM in a toolbar or menubar.

Does Qt provide the wherewithal to force them to display at an edge of the drop-down list (left, right, top, bottom) rather than where the cursor happens to be hovering.

BR
Old 01-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #37
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Miscellaneous

compurandom:

Quote:
Rather than hunting through my library for extra long authors or tags, can you put a limit on the width of the pulldown or something?
Since you wrote a plugin, I assume you can use SQLite to do this type of thing for any textual column you wish to shorten if it is too long:

Code:
[Not Tested due to Trigger] UPDATE books SET title = (REPLACE(title,(SUBSTR(title,115)),''))
WHERE LENGTH(title) > 115;
Afterwards, run a TRIM on the same column to remove any trailing spaces.

Since the SQLite tool that you would be using has no active user-defined function called 'title_sort' that Calibre creates whenever it runs, you will have to temporarily copy the Triggers for the table (books in the example above) to a text file, drop the Triggers, run your queries, then add the Triggers back to what they were using the copy you made. I did not want to go to the effort to do that just to be able to test the example query shown above.

Quote:
Requests for new plugins go in the "Plugin Ideas....add yours here" thread so that all interested persons can see them. Note that .ui files are only created by Qt 'Creator', which I have never used. I hand-code my Qt.

DaltonST
Old 01-23-2019, 11:21 PM   #38
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
compurandom:
Since you wrote a plugin,
You missed the point. I don't want to bother fixing up extra long tags.
I want the menu width limited so I can pick them without the menu obliterating my entire screen.

Quote:
Quote:
Requests for new plugins go in the "Plugin Ideas...
Argh! Missed the point again! That was a half joke. The previous comment was that tool tips are required reading. I'm requesting a way to turn all the tooltips into an epub. Sigh. Nobody gets subtlety I guess.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #39
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
You missed the point. I don't want to bother fixing up extra long tags.
I want the menu width limited so I can pick them without the menu obliterating my entire screen.
I did not miss the point at all. You missed my point, which is that your trashed-out metadata is your problem, not mine. You should move your trashed-out metadata books to a WorkBench Library, fix it there, and then move it back to your "clean" Library.

Sigh. Nobody gets subtlety I guess. So, to be crystal clear, I am not changing anything.

DaltonST
Old 02-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #40
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.9 Enhancement to 'Quick Execute Links'

Version 1.0.9 - 2019-02-06 Enhancement to 'Quick Execute Links' when multiple Links exist for a single Entity.

DaltonST
Old 02-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #41
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Version 1.0.9 - 2019-02-06 Enhancement to 'Quick Execute Links' when multiple Links exist for a single Entity.

DaltonST
thanks

BR
Old 04-13-2019, 06:49 PM   #42
Cyphigma
Cyphigma began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I'm trying to determine if I can replace my #Credit column with its various authors, illustrators, mappers, cartographers, etc with an Entity from this plugin. But if I'm understanding the way this plugin works, it's dependent on those names having previously been entered into the calibre database. In other words, I cannot just create a new entity and entity value independently and use that with the primary author.

In addition, with multiple entries into a single field, any relationships are with all of the existing values as a set. So a book with multiple Authors can have only have a relationship with all of those Authors as a group, not with one of these Authors individually.

(Note I have tried very hard not to use certain functional keywords [association, value, entity, etc] out of context, but grasping this is rather mind-warping and I might have done so accidentally.)
Cyphigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:58 PM   #43
DaltonST
Deviser

[1] False.
[2] False.

Read the ToolTips...all of them.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #44
Cyphigma
Cyphigma began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I've discovered that on my 15" laptop screen that the lowest portion of your Entities Manager dialog isn't visible. I must Hide Manage Note for everything below the Manage Associations' value field to appear.
Cyphigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:17 AM   #45
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.10 Python 3 Compatibility & Miscellany

Version 1.0.10 - 2019-04-25 Python 3 Compatibility. Minimum Calibre version now 3.41.3. Main EM dialog: scroll-bars added around the entire window to accommodate small screens.

DaltonST