Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Other box or other?

My kids have broke their screens multiple time each. Thoughts on Otterbox? What else do people consider?
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
MULTIPLE times?!

I'm not going to even go there...

I think you won't have a very nice time with the Otterbox cases. Since your kids have broken their screens multiple times, I HIGHLY do not recommend them just because while they protect the devices very well, it's just pretty much hard plastic and breaks easily. My dad broke his twice in one year and now just uses my old Speck case. They're too expensive to give to a kid only to break again and again.

They get dirty too, and sometimes the device actually breaks while inside.

Which iPad model do they have? You want something that's a little bulkier, like a bumper.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

iPhones, not iPads. And yeah, it's been a terrible year for this (breakage)
Old 10-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Other box or other?

My husband and I swear by our Lifeproof cases (they are owned by Otterbox now). My phone has been in the toilet, pool, lakes, and rivers, and dropped countless times, in the dirt and on hard floors. My husband fell while pulling the boat out of the water in the lake, landing on his phone while it was in the belt clip… rinsed the phone, and it's good to go.

Here's hubby's online review: http://hunting.about.com/od/huntprod...lip-review.htm

Be aware--there are cheap fake knock-offs. My sister had a fake that she thought was authentic when she bought it. It passed the water test but sound was very muffled. After trying other cases and not liking them as much, she bought another cheap Lifeproof knock-off and is happy with this one. But, of course, no warranty on the fakes.

No, the phone is not guaranteed by using a Lifeproof case (although I think they sell insurance now as an add-on). But they have very good customer service. My case was replaced twice.… first for the screen sticking to the front glass, and another time for scratches. I still would not have anything but Lifeproof. Plus, the kiddos love getting underwater photos and videos taken, so it's a lot of fun.

BTW, both our phones are bought outright (not subsidized) so protection is very important to us.

Last edited by MeSue; 10-19-2013 at 10:52 PM.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Thanks. I went with the Spigen Tough Armour. Water protection is nice but other than rain, I'm not near water much. life proof is 3x the price
Advert