Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Calibre and Collections

I have used Calibre with my other Sony reader. I have a new one. It's the same ebook reader and the same model. I already put some books in collections. I downloaded the newest version of Calibre and used it for collections too. I noticed that when I unplugged it there was only four collections when there should have been more. I looked at all the books and it had the name of the collection it should have been in, but wasn't in any collection. Is there anyway to fix this?
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Lilpretender, you don't say what your using for your collections. Is it a custom column?

I suspect you need to configure the device driver to tell it to use that particular column.
Easiest way to do this. With your device attached right click on the device > configure device driver.

remeber the lookup name of a custom column looks like this #yourcolumname
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Sometimes it takes a while for reader to update all collections. Seems to take longer the more new books you add at once.

If it hasn't updated, connect to calibre. Plug in. Eject and unplug. Plug in with calibre not running. and leave fr a bit Do a few times if it doesn't get them all the first times.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpenguin View Post
Lilpretender, you don't say what your using for your collections. Is it a custom column?

I suspect you need to configure the device driver to tell it to use that particular column.
Easiest way to do this. With your device attached right click on the device > configure device driver.

remeber the lookup name of a custom column looks like this #yourcolumname
Columns are Title, Author, Date, Size, Series and tags right? No, I don't have any custom columns.
I have lots and lots of stories from the internet that I want to read offline. I use calibre to convert them for my reader.
When I use the edit metadata in bulk I use a name for that collection and use it for Author, Author sort, publisher and tags for that.
What I had to do was hook up the reader to Calibre and go to device. The one's that already in the collections had the name of the collections on them. The one's that didn't I had to go in and edit each one individually. I don't know if that will work once I use it again and I hope it does, so I don't have to do each one again.
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote