Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
I'm a new eReader user
I haven't had an eReader eBook in a very long time. eReader is a dead eBook format. WHere did you find an eReader format eBook these days?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:31 PM   #92
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
I'm a new eReader user, but I feel more comfortable reading without frontlight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I haven't had an eReader eBook in a very long time. eReader is a dead eBook format. WHere did you find an eReader format eBook these days?
Ummm.... Jon, are you being deliberately obtuse? Whether ereader or eReader, the chances are excellent his reference is to the hardware and not an obsolete format (pdb) used on Palm devices.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2021, 06:44 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Ummm.... Jon, are you being deliberately obtuse? Whether ereader or eReader, the chances are excellent his reference is to the hardware and not an obsolete format (pdb) used on Palm devices.
I know what was meant. But that's not wat was said given the spelling.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #94
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Best Buy, Staple and PC Magazine would differ with you along with multiple other sources. Perhaps the influence of Apple's iPod, iPhone, iPad, Roomba's iRobot and multiple other products that use that same lower case first letter in a product name? I've also seen E-Reader and e-Reader.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #95
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWoof View Post
You've got no standing too comment on mispeeling changing meaning.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #96
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've also seen E-Reader and e-Reader.
E-Reader is the correct spelling in German
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:05 PM   #97
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
E-Reader is the correct spelling in German
Only France has approved spellings?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:48 PM   #98
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
All nouns are capitalized in German.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #99
javispedro
javispedro began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
People have been waiting for color for years. Now it's happening, they are, as you say, pooping on it. Sure, it has some limitations, but this an early iteration of the tech. What do they expect? Perfection from the start? I for one am excited by the development, and my next e-reader will probably be color.
The problem is that I still have a Jetbook Color 2 from ... a decade ago? And I'm not sure that the newer Kaleido panels are an improvement. The screen sizes are smaller, DPI is identical, I can clearly see the same screendoor effect even on video reviews, and comments here mention that the "whites" are very grey and contrast is disappointing. Would really like to see a comparison, but I guess it's going to be a disappointment.

... Anyone knows where to find battery replacements for the Jetbook Color 2 ?
javispedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:40 PM   #100
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
https://the-digital-reader.com/2013/...re-a-dead-end/

Apparently the triton screen was very grey.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #101
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
... Anyone knows where to find battery replacements for the Jetbook Color 2 ?
This might be the right one...

https://www.batterydepot.com/pr-0015...specifications

Or on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Ultr.../dp/B076P86NKT

It looks like the one this site says fits the JetBook Color (which may or may not be the same size as the JetBook Color 2).

https://e-ink-reader.ru/battery_info_en.php?dev_id=110

Not positive the PRB-3 and the CS-AEJ001SL are the same battery, but they look a lot alike.

And this is the result Google returned when I did a search for "Jetbook Color 2 replacment battery" — so it looks hopeful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jetb...73390908219476

Apparently you still buy these things new for only $500.

https://www.ectaco.com/jetBook_Color/

Last edited by rcentros; 02-26-2021 at 08:08 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:10 AM   #102
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Apparently you still buy these things new for only $500.

https://www.ectaco.com/jetBook_Color/
Please don't.
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:58 AM   #103
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Please don't.
Don't worry on my account. I was just surprised that a 2012 e-Reader was still selling for $500 new.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #104
javispedro
javispedro began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Please don't.
Yes, please don't. Software is utterly crap. I was just half-joking.

However it's disappointing how gray Kaleido is even after one decade of improvements. I am not even sure it's any whiter than Triton. I'm not going to be expecting Kaleido 3 to be any better, at this rate...

There's also something curious. Apparently Kaleido panel has 300DPI for blacks while Triton had only 200DPI. However both claim 100DPI for color. I guess the subpixel arrangement has changed somehow.

In my opinion the "screendoor" effect makes black text very fuzzy anyway.
javispedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #105
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Yes, please don't. Software is utterly crap. I was just half-joking.

However it's disappointing how gray Kaleido is even after one decade of improvements. I am not even sure it's any whiter than Triton. I'm not going to be expecting Kaleido 3 to be any better, at this rate...
I actually didn't think the software was too bad. It was slow and clunky but once you're reading a document as long as the pages turn reasonably quickly the speed doesn't matter so much. It was the screen that was awful for me - really dull, dark grey background with muddy colours. You needed to blast it with a spotlight and then it looked pretty good but not terribly practical for reading.

Now they have a built in spotlight.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote