Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.34.20097

Firmware 4.34.20097 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:00 PM   #2
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma/Elipsa/Clara 2E/Libra 2, mooInk Plus 2, Pubook Pro 10.3
Smile

Kobo firmware 4.34.20097

Switch between recent books easily

• Reading a few books at once? Swipe down while you're reading to easily switch between your 3 most recently viewed items.

Discover

• Forgot which books you were considering in the store? Find them again in our new Recently Viewed list in Discover > eBooks.

• You can turn this option off by going to Settings > Energy saving and privacy > Turn off recently viewed

Other

• Added language support for Czech, Polish, and Romanian

• Added new Rakuten Sans and Rakuten Serif fonts. Designed for digital reading, with respect for the print tradition.

• Added option to change time to 24-hour format in Settings > Date and Time.
UCCU666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2022, 03:03 PM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Wonder what this one is about?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:35 PM   #4
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCCU666 View Post

• Added new Rakuten Sans and Rakuten Serif fonts. Designed for digital reading, with respect for the print tradition.
I always love new fonts! Can't wait to install it.

Quote:
• Added option to change time to 24-hour format in Settings > Date and Time.
I'm sure lots of people will appreciate this. Thanks, Kobo!
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:54 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
I always love new fonts! Can't wait to install it.
Interestingly. These 2 new fonts don't appear to be obfuscated, like they have been in the past. You can take a look by dragging them out of the fw zip file to your PC.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2022, 03:55 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When there is a new Kobo there will eventually be a new firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:21 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I'm certainly interested in both the 3 recently viewed books and the 24-hour time format (which is what we use here). Hopefully my Libra is not going to start crashing on 4.34.

Ofc I must wait until the patches are out.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:43 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I'm certainly interested in both the 3 recently viewed books and the 24-hour time format (which is what we use here). Hopefully my Libra is not going to start crashing on 4.34.

Ofc I must wait until the patches are out.
I've download this firmware and I'm also waiting for the patches. I'm hoping this firmware gets into Calibre for the next update.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:46 PM   #9
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
I am liking the new fonts very similar to the others. They also display the 1/3 fraction.

Also like the recently Viewed book list but with my clumsy fingers I may need to disable it thanks for pointing it can be disabled.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:28 PM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I don ‘t care about the fonts, but I’m looking forward to the “recently viewed” access. It wasn’t the end of the world to have to go back to “My Books”, but to be able to switch on the fly will be nifty.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:39 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've download this firmware and I'm also waiting for the patches. I'm hoping this firmware gets into Calibre for the next update.
PeterT has submitted the changes to Kovid Goyal for the next calibre release according to the first message in the My apologies thread in which you posted the 6th message.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:42 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don ‘t care about the fonts, but I’m looking forward to the “recently viewed” access. It wasn’t the end of the world to have to go back to “My Books”, but to be able to switch on the fly will be nifty.
I'll reserve judgement on the fonts. But I do like the ability to easily switch between three books.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:43 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
From my notes, these are some of the changes in 4.34.20097.
  • Updated certs
  • Increase Kobo Plus Smartlink frequency in K+ geos
  • Quick access view: This view will display the 3 most recently opened items on the device.
    To access this view: enter the reading experience/notebook > swipe downwards from the header region
  • Toggle to change between 24hr and AM/PM Time
  • Added 3 new languages - Polish, Romanian, Czech
  • Increase Kobo Plus Smartlink frequency in K+ geos
  • Added Rakuten Sans and Rakuten Serif to Reading Experience fonts
  • Don't change pages when swipe gesture opens quick access
  • K+ analytics events
  • updated translations
  • Kernel fix to address battery capacity issues
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:45 PM   #14
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Interestingly. These 2 new fonts don't appear to be obfuscated, like they have been in the past. You can take a look by dragging them out of the fw zip file to your PC.
It looks like some of the PANOSE values are off (ex. Demi for the Sans bold fonts). I don't know if that's how they're supposed to be, or if they should be "koboified".

Last edited by rtiangha; 09-20-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:29 PM   #15
rtiangha
Evangelist

Well, if I'm reading libnickel correctly, the Clara 2E's Family codeName is definitely Goldfinch with a model number of 386 (which is interesting since Elipsa is 387 and Libra 2 is 388 but this isn't the first time something like this has happened). Product ID is 0x4235 which does put it after Libra 2. I can't tell what class it's in though, but maybe that's because of the hex editor I'm using.

Tags
firmware, firmware release