Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2022, 09:03 AM   #166
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's strange. Have you restarted since the update? Are you patching the firmware?

You could try manually applying the update. That can fix some strange things. Another way would be to downgrade to 4.33.19608 or earlier and update again.
Yes, I had applied a few patches:
  • My 10 line spacing values
  • Set KePub hyphenation
  • KePub stylesheet additions - word-spacing
  • Change Wikipedia search language
  • Unify font sizes

Now I've re-installed the Update without patches. But nothing changed.

I'm not too eager to downgrade, or are there no database changes, and it is "safe"?

EDIT: Even downgrading to 4.33.19608 and upgrading again didn't help.

Last edited by beedaddy; 08-10-2022 at 09:22 AM.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:07 PM   #167
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yeah. Both my Kobos are still on that and so far I haven't seen a reason to update.
thanks both.
Seems odd that 4.31 and 4.33 have random resets and 4.32 in the middle does not have, but as I have nothing better to offer, I'll take your advice and try a downgrade
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2022, 04:39 AM   #168
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Regarding the missing pinch gesture, I now did two additional things:
  1. Manually resetting the device, which puts the device to fw 4.32.x. But after upgrading to the latest fw version, there's still no pinch gesture.
  2. I contacted the Kobo customer support via chat. After answeing a few questions and telling her that even the manual reset didn't help, she silently left the chat.
So now I'm stuck.I also couldn't really figure out how to get Kobo a bug reported. I suspect that the customer support person did not pass on the problem.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:16 AM   #169
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
So now I'm stuck.I also couldn't really figure out how to get Kobo a bug reported. I suspect that the customer support person did not pass on the problem.
After the manual reset and updating to 4.33.19759, did you try the pinch to adjust font size gesture while reading a book?

Does the pinch gesture show in the Reading settings? If so, try turning it off and back on. I had one phone where I had to disable and re-enable several settings before they worked.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-11-2022 at 11:25 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:16 PM   #170
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Random stupid thought (as I haven't actually tried the feature): would this, perhaps, be limited to KePubs?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2022, 12:24 PM   #171
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Random stupid thought (as I haven't actually tried the feature): would this, perhaps, be limited to KePubs?
No I only have Epubs and it works on my Libra 2
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:25 PM   #172
beedaddy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
After the manual reset and updating to 4.33.19759, did you try the pinch to adjust font size gesture while reading a book?
Yes, I tried with both kepub and epub.

Quote:
Does the pinch gesture show in the Reading settings? If so, try turning it off and back on. I had one phone where I had to disable and re-enable several settings before they worked.
No, there is no such option in the reading settings. I posted a picture in #161.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:26 PM   #173
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
Yes, I tried with both kepub and epub.

No, there is no such option in the reading settings. I posted a picture in #161.
Truly odd. The only devices that I own that don't show that setting are the antiques with IR touchscreens. I going to assume that pinchToZoom is not set to false under Reading in the Kobo eReader.conf file though that does not remove the option in the ereader's settings on my devices and should not survive a factory reset.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:04 PM   #174
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Works (in a sense) on Original Libra and Sage on regular epub, but I turned it off. Tap for menu, Tap on Aa and tap/wiggle scroll bar or - + buttons is easier.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:45 AM   #175
beedaddy
Zealot

Quote:
I going to assume that pinchToZoom is not set to false under Reading in the Kobo eReader.conf file though that does not remove the option in the ereader's settings on my devices and should not survive a factory reset.
There was no pinchToZoom setting in Kobo eReader.conf. Now that I know the setting, I added pinchToZoom=true, but unfortunately that didn't help either.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:59 AM   #176
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Found a bug: If you disable pinch/zoom font scaling, Pinch zoom gesture no longer works on images in Kepub.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:14 PM   #177
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I get the pinch-to-zoom option on my Glo HD and it actually works! And this is an IR device too. Not complaining; will never say no to free features (or USB cables, lol).
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:25 PM   #178
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
I get the pinch-to-zoom option on my Glo HD and it actually works! And this is an IR device too. Not complaining; will never say no to free features (or USB cables, lol).
Just tried my Glo HD and the pinch-to-zoom is working. My memory didn't tell me what sort of touch it was, but, the Wiki says IR and tapping it with various things that are not my fingers works. It doesn't work for my Glo or Aura H2O. Kobo must have decided the Glo HD had good enough touch for this. Or maybe they forgot what touch it used.

And, TANSTAAFC.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:12 PM   #179
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, the neonode IR grids used on the few Kobos that used one support 2 contact points, which is just enough for that gesture (it's of course a bit less accurate depending on how both fingers block the light, but, it's feasible).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:13 PM   #180
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yeah, the neonode IR grids used on the few Kobos that used one support 2 contact points, which is just enough for that gesture (it's of course a bit less accurate depending on how both fingers block the light, but, it's feasible).
Does that include the Aura H2O?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release