Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
cintapuig
cintapuig began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Trouble with my device

Hello everybody, I am new in this forum and I need help with my reader.
Today I was reading perfectly for a while and then I stopped reading and put my device into my bag. Just a few minutes later I took my reader again and the screen was showing the same sign as if it were charging. In fact, at the bottom of the screen I saw the "USB connected" message. I don't know what has happened, I tried to reset it, but the same screen is showing. Now I am charging it on my laptop and the red light indicating it is charging is on, but if I stop charging and disconnect the device from the laptop it still shows "USB connected". what can I do? Can anyone help me, please?
cintapuig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Welcome to mobileread !

Here is a list of thing you can try
  • Try these links and see if they help you:
    (warning: these methods might format your internal memory so backup your books)
    link
    link
  • If you can find a psp charger or 505 charger with the yellow plug you can try using that to see if that kicks it out of charging mode.
  • Try to contact sony and send it in for repairs.
  • As a last ditch(very last ditch attempt, try the various reseting modes a few times to see if they help you) attempt if you can't send the 505 for repairs try opening the reader and unplugging the battery for a 30 seconds then plug it back in.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert