Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
Thierryr
Thierryr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Installing Calibre, but don't see Kobo Glo HD to select

Hi all,

Small question: When installing Calibre, I have to choose wich device I am using.
I can choose the following Kobo devices:

- Kobo Vox / Kobo Aura HD
- Kobo / Kobo touch

I have Kobo Glo HD, wich one do I choose? Ore do I go for "Generic"?

Hope you can help me this newbie out here, cause I could not find the answer on the forum (unless I overlooked it)

Best Regards,

Thierry
Thierryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Choosing a device only affects the default conversion output profile -- it selects the maximum image resolution.

"Generic" does no image resizing.
The Kobo Aura HD will probably do just as well as the Kobo Glo HD
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #3
Thierryr
Thierryr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks eschwartz!

It worked indeed.

Best Regards,

Thierry
Thierryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
On output profile select tablet. the tablet setting does no image resizing which is what you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote