Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
Case mod

Ok, this is probably not the most technical of mods, but I've been tickled pink since I've done it.

The issue is that sometimes I think I've pressed the rocker properly, but haven't. So I wait... Then I have to press it again.

The LED is a reasonable indicator since it lights when the Cybook is busy.

So... I took out my leather punch tool (used to punch holes in belts and such) and punched a hole in the leather case over the LED. It's a nice clean, round hole that I can tell when the Cybook is busy doing something.

I can put up pictures, but I think everyone can imagine what it looks like (A round hole in the leather).

Gary
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Nice idea! (Though I don't have a leather punch.)

Lelah
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On my case, one of the two magnets which holds the case closed is directly above the LED. Is your different?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
On my case, one of the two magnets which holds the case closed is directly above the LED. Is your different?
On mine, the magnet is offset slightly to the right of the LED -- but close enough that I wouldn't attempt a hole.

(I also am lacking a bottom magnet on my case, I only have the one on top...but still works well enough to keep the case shut.)
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #5
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
On mine, the magnet is offset slightly to the right of the LED -- but close enough that I wouldn't attempt a hole.

(I also am lacking a bottom magnet on my case, I only have the one on top...but still works well enough to keep the case shut.)
The magnet position is the same for me, just to the right of the LED.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
The magnet position is the same for me, just to the right of the LED.
I did get a very small piece of the magnet clipped by the punch (1/16") in order to center the hole over the LED, but not enough to impair functionality.

Gary
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
Other case already has led hole

The case I was sent was the black leather one. (Bookeen ran out of the original cases at one point and substituted a (IMO) better quality black leather case with some orders.) The black case already has an LED hole, and the feedback has done a good job of training me to press the rocker button just right to turn the page.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kkingdon, I'd really like to see pictures of the black one. Perhaps if it's a lot people feel it's better than the brown one Bookeen can be persuaded to sell them.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I believe that this is the leather case that Bookeen substituted.
http://www.buymedge.com/p_CybookExL.html
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
Halk
Fanatic

Hmm, that looks a bit nicer than the brown one. Seems while they do have international retailers, they're only selling Iliad stuff. Still, delivery charges aren't that bad. Maybe if I'd known in advance I could have got this case instead of the normal one.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:02 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I believe that this is the leather case that Bookeen substituted.
http://www.buymedge.com/p_CybookExL.html
No, it's not. Apparently Bookeen had some sample cases from an alternate case supplier, and they were sent out to some people in the initial batch of Gen3s, when they ran out of the brown cases. They are similar to the MEdge ones (they may even have been made BY MEdge - we don't know) but they aren't the same.

There were only a few of them and they all got sent out to people who ordered the initial batch of Gen3s.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #12
ylefox
gadget freak
ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ylefox has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: cybook gen3 +palm tungsten e,e2,tablet pc
cover for cybook

this is the cover wh smith sent with my cy book
here is the web address with the cy book and cover

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...-90010859.html
ylefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
Ivoch
Enthusiast
Ivoch began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Yeah, that's the case I got from WHSmith too.
Ivoch is offline   Reply With Quote