Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
MaryV
MaryV began at the beginning.

Device: Astak 5" Pocket Pro
Love the Astak Pro 5"

It really depends on what you want in the ereader. I love the Astak pocket pro 5" It is easy to hold and carry. There is more than one way to advance pages. In fact there are three ways. Two forward and backward buttons, one set on left side of screen and one set on the botton of the screen. Also there is a wheel on the right side of the unit that allows you to go back and forward. You can move forward one page at a time or ten pages at a time. The gray scale is good and there is no glare. It is easy to turn pages with both left and right hands. I am looking forward to a color screen, but don't know when that will be coming. I have heard great things about Astak's customer service. Good luck.
MaryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
dacattt
Connoisseur
dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Astak 6 EZ Reader Plus
Almost got the 5"... but was worried about the screen size... so... got the 6".

Love my Astak 6" EZ Reader. So light, so clear Takes all formats so I'm not locked into a bookstore while they have their format wars. Don't have to worry about DRM and loosing "my" books.

Pops in my purse so easy. I just wanted something to replace all those dead-tree books I would lug around to read... and then take up so much room on a self. (If I want notes or movies or... that's what a laptop/blackberry/tablet is for.) Just grab my reader and go and read.

And it's so light, and with the easy font size change... after just a few weeks... ya can't pry it out of my hands.

Just reading at home... w/o it's case... even lighter and more fabulous.

Astak is great.

-Cat-
dacattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert