Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #1
mobilerandyou
Banned
mobilerandyou began at the beginning.

Device: nohave
Books on Overdrive vanished after signing in to another account

I have several Overdrive accounts. Actually, I've only been using one account, until a few days ago I tried to switch to another account. Though Kobo stated that the books I borrow from Overdrive will still be there until they expire, all my Overdrive books were recorded as previews and could not be read on the other account. When I switched back to my usual account, the books were back. Would anyone know if I have done something wrong? Thanks!

Last edited by issybird; 03-04-2020 at 03:09 AM.
mobilerandyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:54 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you are using separate OD accounts, that is what I would expect. Log into one account, you get the books for that account. Log into another, and you see only the books for that. By changing OD account, you are removing the knowledge of the first account from your Kobo account.

I think what you are mixing up is having multiple libraries attached to the OD account. In that case, you should see books from both libraries. I think there will be a main library, which will be what you can borrow from on the device. But, if you borrow a book from another library using OD or the library directly, you should see them on the device as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert