Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
Otter
Connoisseur
Otter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, ipod Touch, ipad 2, NC, Kindle Scribe
BD and dashes problem

Hope I can explain this problem well enough for you smart guys to be able to help me

I'm using the 1.bcf and 2.bcf files in BD's bookcleaner section. When I load up this one .lit book, the double-length dashes are present, but the text is made up of un-indented paragraphs, with split lines all over the place. When I go into settings, and switch to re-format completely & reload the file, all my double-length dashes are suddenly converted back to incorrect single-length dashes, and I end up with one huge paragraph for the entire text.

I used clit and turned the .lit file into a .htm one. With the "keep original format" option I get the double-length dashes, but the cut lines paragraphs. When I re-load using re-format completely, I get beautiful paragraphs, but again lose the double-length paragraphs. Any ideas how I can correct this? Seems like I can only have nice paragraphs and bad dashes, or correct dashes and bad paragraphs.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Take a look at my options screen and duplicate it and then try to reload the LIT file. Also, do you have the latest version of the Book Cleaner files. I think it may be version 1.3. Not 100% sure. You'd have to look. One of the problems could be your settings and the way BD detects titles/subtitles. That can cause a problem like you mention.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leftjustified.PNG
Views:	384
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	5816  
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert