Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
Frizzell
Frizzell began at the beginning.

Device: eReader Moon Reader on Android tablet
Bring back viewer scrollbar's right click 'Top'-'Bottom' capability

I always heavily used and depended on the Book Viewer scrollbar's right click 'Top' and 'Bottom' feature to instantly go to the beginning and end of a book, and though I really enjoy the new viewer, I still miss having that ability.

I'm guessing that the new scrollbar can not do this, so as a monthly donor, I was wondering if perhaps the option of having a tiny subtle button could be placed at the top and bottom of the scrollbar to bring back this feature.

I made a composite screenshot showing exactly what I am envisioning.

Thank You for any consideration and thoughts.

Frizzell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_002.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	177248  
Frizzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can go to the start and end of the book by pressing ctrl+home and ctrl+end respectively. As for a right click menu on the scrollbar, for tchnical reasons that is hard to do.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
Frizzell

Top-Bottom buttons next to scrollbar, not within its coding

Kovid replied:
You can go to the start and end of the book by pressing ctrl+home and ctrl+end respectively. As for a right click menu on the scrollbar, for tchnical reasons that is hard to do.
___
Thanks for the quick response Kovid.

Yes, as I said in my in the initial post, 'I imagine the new scrollbar isn't able to do the 'Top'-'Bottom' any longer. Perhaps what I should have clarified is that it would simply be nice to have two tiny buttons near the scrollbar that perform the Ctrl+Home, and Ctrl+End keyboard functions.

It could be another turn on-turn off option in the viewer preferences. The mouse is often the lazy person's way of avoiding keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks Again,
Frizzell

Last edited by Frizzell; 02-19-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:46 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can do that already using the mouse alone. Right click anywhere in the book contents to show the viewer control, click on Go to and click book start or book end
Old 02-19-2020, 02:13 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh and I managed to overcome the technical difficulty so the next release will have the scrollbar right click menu as well.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:46 AM   #6
Frizzell

Thank You!

Kovid replied:
Oh and I managed to overcome the technical difficulty so the next release will have the scrollbar right click menu as well.

Wow! Thank You. Thank You. Thank You Kovid!
I'll contribute a little extra in my next monthly donation to show my appreciation.

Frizzell