Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 01:53 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
Voyage to Oasis 2019 book transfer.

I finally made the jump to a larger e-reader. I was very much leaning towards the Kobo Forma with its larger screen, but it seemed chunky. The final swing to Oasis 2019 was fonts, kindle won hands down.

So I am all excited to start using my new toy. I load all the books using calibre. I know I can just do a copy and paste on my computer but I want to preserve all my collections. I dread the thought of 100's of books outside of their collections.

After all, that is it possible to transfer all the books whilst keeping them in their collections using calibre or my PC.

Any help appreciated.

applesauce
all Gollum like drooling over "precious"
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:05 AM   #2
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, so-called "All-New Kindle" (AKA 10th gen)
If these books are in the cloud, you should be able to just download them from your new kindle or use amazon.com/mycd to push them to it.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:09 AM   #3
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
If these books are in the cloud, you should be able to just download them from your new kindle or use amazon.com/mycd to push them to it.

No, they are all loaded via Calibre.

applesauce
Old 02-18-2020, 06:13 AM   #4
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
No, they are all loaded via Calibre.

applesauce
You're out of luck then. Calibre doesn't support Kindle collections. You have to do it manually.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #5
applesauce
Addict

thank you, looks like I have a busy few days