Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 03:41 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If you know the original file extension, you can try using Everything to filter for all files of that type and see if you can track it down.

Or if you don't mind installing a 30-day trial, the professional version of Agent Ransack can search through various files (including ePub, but not mobi or azw3) so you can try searching for a text string.
That assumes you retain the file after adding it to calibre; I for one don't.

The advent of TdeM's GFN meant I could stop copying and pasting the full path of the file I added into my #came_from column when I add a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
I do know what directories I use. The problem was the zero correlation between some file names and titles.

I only use search tools to search file contents - mainly Windows Search (including EPUBs), sometimes X1 or File Locator or for simple stuff a 2014 edition of xplorer² file manager.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-13-2020 at 03:52 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:42 PM   #17
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
You can use find with the -exec flag to grep for a string. The program https://github.com/phiresky/ripgrep-all can search pdfs, epubs, office documents and other media types.

In short: use find to search for containers/mimes on certain modified dates and exec rga to find a given string for each file match.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:17 PM   #18
ownedbycats
Connoisseur
ownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That assumes you retain the file after adding it to calibre; I for one don't.
I actually download ePubs right into a Calibre autoimport folder. Saves a few clicks.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote