Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #61
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
No, PDFs are the worst on 10" and less screens. Sometimes on less than 14".
Also on phone / tablet it's no harder to download an epub than a PDF. Loads of free apps for every platform, some good ones on them all. You'd need to download a PDF reader ANYWAY, for many phones/tablets, and curiously the best ones for Android do epub viewing even better, and some of those are on iOS too.

It's an extremely badly made web site that doesn't work on an arbitrary sized screen better than a PDF.
Anyway from good to bad:
ePub -> web site -> pdf.

A kindle azw3/KF8 is close to an epub with an Amazon wrapper, mainly to add optional DRM.

No matter what it is, apart from a Web site, you need to learn how to download. It's actually sensible even on a PC to disable viewing PDF, ePub, MS Doc etc IN a web page, and insist the Browser only offers to download anything not a webpage.

Vis: font sizes on a website--you know, mine sizes very nicely, for phone reading. I'm 64 and I can read mine on my Samsung Note9 phone EASILY. I just...IDK, I'm not trying to say I have the BEST EVAH site, I don't; it was kluged together with a bootstrap template, my own coding (god help us all) and some pro help (hooray) and it works pretty well. If my itty-bitty company can do it, almost any idjit should be able to, I would think?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote