Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #211
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Excitement quickly turned to disappointment for me too. Neither of these features work for me (firmware 14.2). I used my own (just created) epub as a test. I see the proper styles in adobeviewer but not this version of fbreader (and yes, I checked the settings).
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #212
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
At first I thought the wrist pageturn simply didn't work, but ouch, it turns out I was using adobething instead of fbreader all this time. Works fine if you force it to use fbreader instead, looks much better too, once you've fiddled with the settings.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #213
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
New version, but no changelog attached as of today:

http://fbreader-pockebook.googlecode....4-ft2_4_3.zip
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #214
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
New version, but no changelog attached as of today:

http://fbreader-pockebook.googlecode....4-ft2_4_3.zip
Still not working. I am not sure it is intended for public use.
It shows really huge font in book. Then crashes when you get to the options / font menu.

Please notice that newest version still isn't marked "Featured"

Last edited by kacir; 11-07-2010 at 05:05 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #215
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

why does one have to dig through the thread to find the current version? Would it not be reasonable to update the links in the initial post?
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #216
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Some notable items in settings: [LIST][*]Use Style Sheets (CSS) in EPUB
Anyone can tell me what this does? I turned it on and off and saw no difference. I was hoping it could choose to read and respect the internal css of an epub, because for some well-formatted books it's a pity to lose that.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #217
JustForFun
Enthusiast
JustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB360
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Some notable items in settings:[LIST][*]Use Style Sheets (CSS) in EPUB
Anyone can tell me what this does? I turned it on and off and saw no difference. I was hoping it could choose to read and respect the internal css of an epub, because for some well-formatted books it's a pity to lose that.
You don't get full style sheet support, (for now?) "only":
  • page-break-before and page-break-after
  • font-weight:bold
  • font-style:italic
Because page breaks are inserted at headings regardless of the style sheet you can get empty pages due to double page breaks.
JustForFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #218
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Can we make feature requests here or elsewhere for fbreader? I am hoping for support of CSS for blockquote. Right now I have a lot of ebooks where the chapter number and headings run right into the first line of text because they use blockquote and it has display:block in the css for the blockquote but fbreader doesn't understand it.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #219
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What's the difference between these two folders, please:

1) FBReader emu (9.0)
2) FBReader 180 App

My understanding is that the FBReader 180 gives me the ability to use wrist action to turn pages.

I'm enjoying my Pocketbook 360 as my second Reader.

Thanks, everyone.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #220
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What's the difference between these two folders, please:

1) FBReader emu (9.0)
2) FBReader 180 App

My understanding is that the FBReader 180 gives me the ability to use wrist action to turn pages.

I'm enjoying my Pocketbook 360 as my second Reader.

Thanks, everyone.

Don
emu is an emulator for fbreader
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #221
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
emu is an emulator for fbreader

I can just go ahead and and copy/paste the emulator folder into the bin folder (within the System Folder of the 360), and that will give me the updated feature set of FBReader?

Don
Old 12-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #222
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I can just go ahead and and copy/paste the emulator folder into the bin folder (within the System Folder of the 360), and that will give me the updated feature set of FBReader?
NO.

Emulator is for trying FBReader on PC.
For the PocketBook device you need the other version.
Look at this post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=203
Unzip
Copy fbreader.app to the /system/bin directory on device
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #223
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, all.

I'll give this a try.

Don
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #224
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Is there version for PB902pro? I tried the version for PB360 but does not work. Would it be hard to port fbreader for 360 to other PB readers?

Last edited by atango; 01-05-2011 at 01:55 AM.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #225
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
atango
I'm sorry, but there is no SDK for new generation of PB readers. So I can do nothing but wait for it.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote