Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Question Polish - embed all referenced fonts

In what way do the fonts have to be referenced in the epub, for the polish plugin to recognize them?

I tried a couple of ways, but I get always told that there are no fonts to be embedded.

The fonts I would like to embed are installed at my system and I also have them as files on the hard disk.

Has anyone got this to work?
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I pop in and ask:
Does this only look at system installed fonts?
I keep other fonts in different places (eg free-fonts, not-free fonts)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to see what fonts on your system calibre can find, click the choose font family button for the embed font family option, it will show you all the fonts calibre could find on your system and also allow you to manually add new fonts, which will then be available for the embed referenced fonts option as well.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you want to see what fonts on your system calibre can find, click the choose font family button for the embed font family option, it will show you all the fonts calibre could find on your system and also allow you to manually add new fonts, which will then be available for the embed referenced fonts option as well.
Thank you for the explanation.
While checking your suggestion, I finally understood the piece I was missing.

The font was found all right by Calibre, but in my book it was only referenced by the style sheet but not yet used at any tag.

After connecting the css class to a tag, polish embedded the font without problem.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote