Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
drazvan
drazvan is on a distinguished road

iRex response times

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you had a phone number or some alternative means of contacting the sales guys at iRex. I've placed an order with them 2 days ago (they had to process it manually because I wanted a VAT-exempt purchase (we're a business in the EU) and my country (Romania) was not in their list). I confirmed the order by email, then someone from their financial dept called for the credit card details.... that was 2 days ago. I haven't heard from them since, no order confirmation, no "thank you, your order will be shipped on day x of month y", nothing...

I've called their tech support line but they told me that they cannot get in touch with the iRex Shop guys by anything other than email, so I should continue to email. iRex Shop doesn't have a phone number...

I'm giving them until Monday, if they still don't confirm in any way I'm disputing the charge with the credit card company. Did anyone here have similar experiences with these guys?

Thank you,
Razvan
drazvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You could try the numbers they've buried on their highly buried "contacts" page (which I mention out of concern that you might have missed them because they're so buried).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
drazvan

Sorry, me feeling stupid now . What's weird is that their tech support _explicitly_ told me that the iRex Shop guys _do not_ have a phone number that I can call and the only means of contacting them would be by email. I've asked him if he could contact them for me and he said "no, we can only contact them by email too, so if you send me an email I can forward it to them but you could just as well send the email yourself" ...

I'll call them tomorrow, it's too late today.

Thanks,
Razvan

Later edit: BTW, it would have helped if they had the sales/shop contact number on their shop site (www.irexshop.com) somewhere...

Last edited by drazvan; 04-04-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazvan
Sorry, me feeling stupid now
Not at all, as deeply as they buried the thing (I did mention that they buried it, didn't I?), I don't think anyone would find it. I only knew it was there, because it wasn't buried so deeply a year ago.

The tech support guys' comments to you make me a bit suspicious that they mean for the numbers to be un-locatable, but still 'there' in case anyone calls them on it. (sigh)
Old 04-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Good to hear that there are people ordering from my home country.

Welcome to the forums Razvan!

I wish you best of luck with ordering the iLiad!
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
drazvan

Thanks vranghel! I thought your avatar name sounded Romanian but I thought it was just a coincidence.

Cheers,
Razvan
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 AM   #7
vranghel
Addict

Quote:
Thanks vranghel! I thought your avatar name sounded Romanian but I thought it was just a coincidence.

Cheers,
Razvan

Well, my name (obviously) isnt vranghel, but it is a russian name actually and it kinda sounds romanian.

Do you know others in Romania who have purchased the iLiad?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #8
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Perhaps the cleaning lady answers there ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
drazvan

Quick update: I've managed to get in touch with them on their commercial contact number (thanks NatCh ). The person I talked to said they were investigating my case because they apparently lost the order in their system (that's how he put it) or the guys at their storage house didn't have "some components" in stock so they couldn't ship it out. A few hours after the phone call, I got my reply from the iRex Shop team saying that they're doing their best to ship it ASAP but because of the Easter holidays I can only expect it to go out on Tuesday or Wednesday and have it delivered by the end of next week.

So it looks like the phone call did the trick, it put those wheels in motion . I hope it will be here by next Friday.

@vranghel: Nope, I don't know anyone else in Romania that has ordered one. I guess I'm the first one since their shop listed prices for Romania in USD (they changed them to EUR after I asked them to) and they didn't have Romania in the EU country list of VAT exempt countries.

Cheers,
Razvan
Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #10
vampyre
Haemoglobin Junkie
vampyre began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Quick update: I've managed to get in touch with them on their commercial contact number (thanks NatCh ). The person I talked to said they were investigating my case because they apparently lost the order in their system (that's how he put it) or the guys at their storage house didn't have "some components" in stock so they couldn't ship it out. A few hours after the phone call, I got my reply from the iRex Shop team saying that they're doing their best to ship it ASAP but because of the Easter holidays I can only expect it to go out on Tuesday or Wednesday and have it delivered by the end of next week.

So it looks like the phone call did the trick, it put those wheels in motion . I hope it will be here by next Friday.

@vranghel: Nope, I don't know anyone else in Romania that has ordered one. I guess I'm the first one since their shop listed prices for Romania in USD (they changed them to EUR after I asked them to) and they didn't have Romania in the EU country list of VAT exempt countries.

Cheers,
Razvan
Hopeless
Glad you got that sorted out anyway.
vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #11
drazvan

This is getting ridiculous... these guys can't seem to get their act together... they have promised to have a tracking number for me on "Tuesday or Wednesday". It's Thursday and I still haven't received anything.

I called them yesterday to ask about my shipment and _nobody_ was able to trace it... first they said it's being shipped from Germany and they can't get in touch with those guys. Then they put me in touch with someone that appeared to be in the sales department. The funny thing was that the first thing that person said was that my credit card didn't clear. I told her that I check my online statement regularly and they have definitely captured the amount, so the payment went through. She suddenly "remembered" my case and said the order should have been shipped but she couldn't find my tracking number. I asked her to talk to whoever she needs to talk to and send me an email with that number. That was yesterday....

Anyway, I've sent them another email with a bit of an ultimatum. If they are unable to ship or provide me with proof of shipment by the end of the week, I'm cancelling my order (or if they refuse to cancel it, I'm disputing the charge with the bank). I still think they have a great product and I would love to use it, but they don't seem to be at all interested in selling ... for their first business customer (and I think their first _ever_ customer) in Romania they don't seem to care much ... I thought they were focusing on B2B but I can't imagine how they hope to get businesses to order massive quantities of iLiads when they can't trace a single order...

Razvan
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
I thought they were focusing on B2B but I can't imagine how they hope to get businesses to order massive quantities of iLiads when they can't trace a single order....
Well, whole pallets of iLiads are ever so much harder to lose than a little box with only a single iLiad in it -- didn't they mention how compact the unit's design is?

All joking aside, drasvan, this is a pretty poor showing on their part. I hope they get an extra-colonic perspective in this real soon. I'd say they deserve to lose the sale (which they probably do), but I'd hate for you to have to do without, and I'm not sure they'd notice if they did lose it regardless.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #13
drazvan

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I'm going to continue to post to this thread so that future iRex iLiad buyers can have it for reference.

I've had another email conversation with their "iRex Shop" department (btw, they never sign their emails with their real names, they're like "The Borg" ). They said (and I quote) "Your unit has already been shipped but the shipping department has not yet informed us of the tracking number". Yuuuppieee (I said to myself), I'm finally going to get it. Well ... wrong.... I called their offices again today and the person answering the phone got in touch with this elusive shipping department and confirmed that the unit _HAS NOT_ been shipped at all and it will probably not be shipped this week (obviously, since it's Friday evening).

It's one thing for them to "guess" when they're going to ship and fail to meet that deadline, it's a completely different thing to explicitly tell me that it has been shipped (but for God-knows what reason they don't have a tracking number) and be actually lying to my face. Guessing is one thing, lying to your clients is a totally different thing.

I haven't cancelled my order with them yet, I guess I'm still hoping they will get their s**t in order and ship the damn thing... but my patience won't last very long ...

Razvan
Old 04-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #14
drazvan

I've just a received a weird message with a PDF attached saying that my order has shipped via UPS. The PDF though lists a date of April 25th as the "Shipping Date" ... and the email is coming from ms-wismo.com (I've looked it up on the forum here and it seems they act as the "shipping department" for iRex (when I asked them today if the shippers were a different company, they denied it, said that it's their own department, just in Germany ... funny ). Anyway, I'm glad something is finally happening ... does any of you know what that Shipping Date in the PDF means? I doubt that it takes 12 days for a package to get from Germany to Romania, not even the regular post takes this long...

Thanks everyone,
Razvan
Old 04-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #15
vranghel
Addict

Lots of adventures! This is the n-th proof that they need to get their act toghter or they will lose customers real quick.

Razvan, can u let me know if u will have to pay any customs or duty for the iLiad, or for electronics in general