Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #616
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Reading 'About the Author,' it appears as if she is deceased.

I'll check this one out, as I'm not familiar with her name.

Thank you!
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:15 AM   #617
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ Reading 'About the Author,' it appears as if she is deceased.

She is. I hadn't heard of her either. I went here to check the publication dates of her books. Four horror novels, all republished by Open Road. I figure they will all go on sale at some point.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #618
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ I appreciate the info.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #619
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

John A. Russo's Black Cat is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
SPIRITED FROM THE DARK JUNGLES OF AFRICA TO A PLACE IN THE AMERICAN DESERT . . .

The evil soul of a witch doctor lives on in the body of Simon, the great jungle beast who leads his human followers – the Panther People – in their orgies of lust and blood.
Honestly, the book sounds pretty cheesy. Russo is mainly remembered as the co-author of Night of the Living Dead and that's why I picked this up. Hey, it's a buck.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:19 PM   #620
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^ I'm with you on this. It looks like a wonderful, trashy, fun read. And it was originally published in 1982 by Pocket Books.

I mean what the hell, it's only $999,999.01 shy of a million!

Got it.

Thank you!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #621
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Last Resort by Matt Drabble is FREE at Amazon US.

Honestly, I've never heard of Matt Drabble before. The name makes me think of a comic strip character. But the synopsis sounded fun and the price cemented my decision.

Quote:
When a luxury resort goes quiet, the owner’s son sends in a team to investigate. But the crew, led by ex-military officer Mac, doesn’t realize that they will soon be trapped on an island that’s been overtaken by walking nightmares…
Old 06-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #622
FulciLives
Connoisseur
FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (2017 Model)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Honestly, I've never heard of Matt Drabble before. The name makes me think of a comic strip character. But the synopsis sounded fun and the price cemented my decision.
Thanks! I grabbed it
FulciLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:33 PM   #623
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The House on the Moor by William Meikle is $0.99 at Amazon US. It's short, at 108 pages. But it's also cheap.

Quote:
I had wanted to do an old style Gothic novella for a while, so when I was asked to write a traditional haunted house story I jumped at the chance.

Scotland, a misty moor, an old crumbling manor house, an owner with a scandalous secret, and something skittering in the rafters of the library - you'll find them all here, along with more than a hint of a Hammer horror or two.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #624
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
John A. Russo's Black Cat is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Honestly, the book sounds pretty cheesy. Russo is mainly remembered as the co-author of Night of the Living Dead and that's why I picked this up. Hey, it's a buck.

Finished this. A bit more enjoyable than a bowel movement. Both enjoyable and laughable at the same time, but very repetitious regarding certain aspects.

An OK read at 99 cents.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-13-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:20 AM   #625
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The House on the Moor by William Meikle is $0.99 at Amazon US. It's short, at 108 pages. But it's also cheap.

Got it.

I think I'll start this today.

Thank you!
Old 06-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #626
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
A bit more enjoyable than a bowel movement.
Now there's a cover blurb!
Old 06-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #627
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Lost Gods by Brom is $1.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
A young man descends into Purgatory to save his wife and unborn child in this gorgeous, illustrated tale of wonder and terror from the mind of master storyteller and acclaimed artist Brom.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #628
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Mosquito Man by Jeremy Bates is FREE at Amazon US.

Quote:
After a woman bangs at the door in the middle of the night, and promptly dies from her injury, a couple's remote cabin getaway becomes a psychological night of terror as they are hunted by an unknown assailant. Now they must go far beyond what they thought themselves capable of if they hope to save their young children and survive until morning.
I've read his Suicide Forest and liked that well enough. He tends to label his books as series, but from what I've seen, the books are all stand-alones that follow a theme (Suicide Forest was first in the World's Scariest Places series that focused on actual places with a creepy history). I guess that could make his books formulaic. I've only read one, so I can't say.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #629
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Never heard of the guy, so I went ahead and picked it up.

Thank you!
Old 06-21-2019, 04:20 AM   #630
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:

I've heard of him. He pops up in anthologies and such.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote