Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #46
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
pinktank: I find setting the text to Bold helps on the Voyage.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #47
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
Just to stir the pot a bit here, a couple of weeks ago, I started using a ‘spare’ Voyage (refurb that was on sale for around $100) that I had sitting around, carrying it instead of the PaperWhite 4 I had been using. My original Voyage had been repurposed for foreign language studies (set the UI to Russian, and have all the foreign language books I have on that), so now these are #1 and #2.

I haven’t felt any inclination to switch back, so far. Partly, I think, it is due to my discovery that I like using Voyage without a cover, which I had not really tried very much with my first Voyage. (Yes, it seems, I am an eReader nudist!) In contrast, without a cover, I find the PW4 protruding power button gets accidentally activated by gravity when the bottom edge of the device rests on something, even though it is otherwise comfortable using it that way.

If Amazon ever implements Immersion Reading on Kindle (prospects seem dim as they might have done it long ago), I’d probably want to use PW4 more. This was one of the ‘use cases’ that I imagined I might some day need 32GB storage for.

[I would be quite happy with an implementation that just synchronized page turns with audiobook play, without ‘Real-time Text Highlighting’. It turns out that you can configure the Kindle app for iOS — and I assume Android and Fire — to turn off RTTH.]

Off-topic question for other Voyage (or Oasis) owners: it seems that the page turn buttons do nothing when my Voyage is in Landscape orientation. Is this a bug, or a feature? I thought they used to work...but could be misremembering.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-02-2019 at 10:24 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:13 AM   #48
John Hopper
Groupie
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Overall, the Voyage has always been my favourite Kindle, and despite using the Oasis 2 and now PW4, mainly due to the 32 GB storage, I still keep a Voyage and will carry on doing so. I love the form factor and the haptic feedback buttons. I would love a 32gb Voyage, though I know the line is almost certainly discontinued, whatever a certain often unreliable ebook blog may maintain.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #49
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KO2, KV, KPW4, Kobo Aura H2O, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Overall, the Voyage has always been my favourite Kindle, and despite using the Oasis 2 and now PW4, mainly due to the 32 GB storage, I still keep a Voyage and will carry on doing so. I love the form factor and the haptic feedback buttons. I would love a 32gb Voyage, though I know the line is almost certainly discontinued, whatever a certain often unreliable ebook blog may maintain.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
My exact same experience and thoughts.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:34 AM   #50
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman can extract oil from cheeseheyman can extract oil from cheeseheyman can extract oil from cheeseheyman can extract oil from cheeseheyman can extract oil from cheeseheyman can extract oil from cheeseheyman can extract oil from cheeseheyman can extract oil from cheese

Device: sony
hi, how many page turning will do a full refresh with your Voyage with latest firmware? (normal reading, no images etc)

my paperwhite is 50 pages one refresh with latest fw, it used to have 2017 fw, and it did a refresh every 5 page
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote