Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 04:56 AM   #1
chakattack
chakattack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Cannot access Calibre-Web via Kobo web browser

Hello,
I run calibre server and calibre-web in docker containers on a synology NAS.
Accessing calibre-web via a pc browser is no issue. The problem is when I try accessing it via the Kobo browser : I get a 404 error with the adress "http://IPaddress/login?next=%2F"
I also enabled anonymous connection but still get the same issue: on a pc I get straight to the books page as guest (no login required), while on Kobo still giving the 404 error
I also tried: "http://usernameassword@IPaddress" but get the same error.

Is there a way to access it via Kobo browser? Thanks

Chakattack
chakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:51 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firstly it is always a good idea to include the versions of things involved. The Kobo firmware version is particularly important as different versions have problems and older versions won't work with calibre v3.

I've actually done this a few times today from my Kobo devices. I use "http://username: password@IPaddress/mobile" as URL. This is with calibre v3.27.0 and Kobo firmware 4.9.11311. The browser doesn't prompt to login, so you need to include the user details in the URL.

As this is running on a NAS in a docker container, my thoughts would be either you have the wrong IP address, or need to specify a port.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
chakattack

Hi,
Thanks for your response davidfor.
I am not able now to check the exact firmware on my Kobo, but pretty sure it is the latest one.
Looking at your response I have the feeling you are referring to the Calibre Content server. My question was related to Calibre-Web (from Janeczku).
Is that possible?

By the way, I did use the port in the IPaddress
Old 07-06-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakattack View Post
Hi,
Thanks for your response davidfor.
I am not able now to check the exact firmware on my Kobo, but pretty sure it is the latest one.
The firmware version is clearly shown on the Device information page of the settings. If you are on the server, it is included in the user agent.
Quote:
Looking at your response I have the feeling you are referring to the Calibre Content server. My question was related to Calibre-Web (from Janeczku).
Is that possible?

By the way, I did use the port in the IPaddress
OK, I've never used Calibre-Web, but most of what I said will be the same. If you are getting a 404 error, you are either going to the wrong address, the wrong port or something else is wrong in the URL. Do the logs on the server show that the requests reached it?

Does the URL you are using work from a browser on the PC? But, from the screenshots I can see for Calibre-Web, I'm not sure it will work with the Kobo browser. I can't see a sample site anywhere to try.

OK, just installed a docker image for it on my QNAP NAS. The config page opens OK from both the PC browser and the Kobo browser. I can't configure it properly at the moment, so I can't try the actual site.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #5
chakattack

Quote:
The firmware version is clearly shown on the Device information page of the settings. If you are on the server, it is included in the user agent.
I meant I am at the office and my Kobo is at home

Quote:
Does the URL you are using work from a browser on the PC?
Yes it does, but not on Kobo browser.

Quote:
OK, just installed a docker image for it on my QNAP NAS. The config page opens OK from both the PC browser and the Kobo browser.
Which firmware do you have? i can send you the IP address separately if you want to try on your Kobo.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakattack View Post
I meant I am at the office and my Kobo is at home
OK.
Quote:
Yes it does, but not on Kobo browser.

Which firmware do you have?
I'm running 4.9.11.311 and 4.9.11314 depending on the device. Most of my testing today was with the latter on a Glo.
Quote:
i can send you the IP address separately if you want to try on your Kobo.
If it is publicly available, I can try it. But, I probably won't have a chance until sometime next week.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:07 AM   #7
chakattack

Hi
I don't know what changed but last week-end I managed to access Calibre-web from my Kobo with the url: "http://IPaddress:Port" (as I did previously)

I didn't change any settings....
Old 08-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #8
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I use "http://username: password@IPaddress/mobile" as URL.
I just locked my server down for user/password input today and found that I couldn't get my kobo browser to access it anymore either.

This line in the URL worked for me on my Kobo Aura (haven't a clue which firmware), so thanks for posting!
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #9
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Hi,
Firmware 4.8.11073
There doesn’t seem to be a way to enter a url in the beta browser. Just google search is allowed. On Kobo Aura. Anybody else have that issue?
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:16 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Hi,
Firmware 4.8.11073
There doesn’t seem to be a way to enter a url in the beta browser. Just google search is allowed. On Kobo Aura. Anybody else have that issue?
There is no problem entering other URLs here. Just tap in the URL field and enter it. Are the controls displayed?
Old 08-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #11
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Quote:
Hi,
Firmware 4.8.11073
Is this not what you see with your aura?

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5489c8950649134

Last edited by MizSuz; 08-19-2018 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Trying to make the image work.
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #12
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSuz View Post
Is this not what you see with your aura?

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5489c8950649134
Hi,
No, I get a google search page. No way to enter a url.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #13
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
As long as you're in the browser, you can type in an url. Just tap in the url bar...backspace over the existing url, type in the one you want. Tapping in the url bar will invoke the onscreen keyboard.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #14
inthemood
Zealot

That’s my problem: there is NO url bar!
Old 08-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That’s my problem: there is NO url bar!
That's weird. It should be there. The first thing that comes to mind is that there is a hidden option to set full screen browsing. It's been a while since I used it, but I would have said that it had a URL bar. You can have a look and see if you have a setting for "FullScreenBrowser" in the KoboReader.conf file on the device.

Other than that, you could try reinstalling the firmware. That is just in case something went wrong when it was installed and there was a file missed. There are occasional problems that doing this seems to fix. Or update to the latest available firmware if you aren't already on it.

The last thing I can think of is if you patch the firmware. I don't remember anything doing this, but I suppose an error in a patch or unusual combination might do it. If you do patch the firmware, reinstall the unpatched firmware and check the browser.

Tags
calibre-web, kobo