Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
nachtmuzic
nachtmuzic began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs300
update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtmuzic View Post
Well, I seem to have joined the ranks of the frozen screen issues. Although I thought I had a full charge since I charged the thing day before yesterday and did not use it yesterday at all. So today I opened a book I had DL from Google Public Domain called Public Enemies, and it just so happens to be the only PDF on my system. All the rest are Epub books. Well three pages into it, the book displays a detailed image, I tried to zoom in, and Voila! Frozen. Reader won't do a thing. Batt is fully charged supposedly.

So i tried the steps as listed on the sony page, I got the yellow light to flash once, but not actually stay on. I really don't think that "reset" button does a darn thing actually. Is it a placebo?

So now I am plugging back into the PC, and the indicator light is red, everything is still frozen, and the my PC won't recognize anything is attached. I'll leave it like this for a few hours, see what happens. I'll be back.
i checked again, and the Public Enemies book is actually one i checked out from my library so it was not from Google. Anyhow, update is that now the screen is no longer locked, it is connected to my computer, however i have a "do not" circle and the words "do not disconnect" along the bottom.
nachtmuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:30 AM   #17
nachtmuzic
nachtmuzic began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtmuzic View Post
Well, I seem to have joined the ranks of the frozen screen issues. Although I thought I had a full charge since I charged the thing day before yesterday and did not use it yesterday at all. So today I opened a book I had DL from Google Public Domain called Public Enemies, and it just so happens to be the only PDF on my system. All the rest are Epub books. Well three pages into it, the book displays a detailed image, I tried to zoom in, and Voila! Frozen. Reader won't do a thing. Batt is fully charged supposedly.

So i tried the steps as listed on the sony page, I got the yellow light to flash once, but not actually stay on. I really don't think that "reset" button does a darn thing actually. Is it a placebo?

So now I am plugging back into the PC, and the indicator light is red, everything is still frozen, and the my PC won't recognize anything is attached. I'll leave it like this for a few hours, see what happens. I'll be back.
Ok, I left it plugged in for a few hours, then it gave me a "do not remove" which i left plugged in for several hours more, and it STILL said the same thing after 8 hours. so i just unplugged it, and managed to turn the thing off. i left it alone for a few more hours and just tried it again and it does work. the book it got stuck on, shows the page it was stuck on as the last page read. although i am not gonig back to that book. i dont want this to happen again.
nachtmuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 04:38 AM   #18
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Delete that Book, Play Safe,

Good Luck, glad you sorted it !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
shinthanatos
shinthanatos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Hi, i have exactly the same problem with my reader since yesterday, and also solve it charging it again, but the solution creates more questions, first of all the battery indicator show it fully charge (but it`s not) I charge it a few days ago, so I supose this time the battery was low faster than the first time (I had my reader since June) how long i need to charge it (from the usb port `cause i don`t have a charger) to be sure that it`s really fully charged?
shinthanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:42 AM   #20
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Shinthanatos:
Keep in mind that charging from the USB port is not recommended. If your PC goes to sleep it will actually drain the reader. Easiest and cheapest is to get a PSP charger with a round tip (can't charge with a USB plug from a wallcharger).

Battery indication on Sony Readers can be inaccurate at times, though I think your problem is probably due to charging it from a USB port.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 04:43 AM   #21
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
This is the only problem it seems with the Sony readers. My PRS-300 froze a few days ago, twice in a row but I managed to reset it and toggle the power switch to bring it back. The Sony readers are great but it seems that this is a problem shared by all of them.

I hope the kindle doesn't have the same problems.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #22
shinthanatos
shinthanatos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Shinthanatos:
Keep in mind that charging from the USB port is not recommended. If your PC goes to sleep it will actually drain the reader. Easiest and cheapest is to get a PSP charger with a round tip (can't charge with a USB plug from a wallcharger).

Battery indication on Sony Readers can be inaccurate at times, though I think your problem is probably due to charging it from a USB port.
Thanks for the advice, hopefully soon i could buy a PSP charger to solve the problem, i didn`t know that the computer could drain the battery when it goes to sleep.
shinthanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #23
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Whast happened with my reader a couple of times, is that it froze; in some cases, even when it is totally charged, it can totally empty the battery that way in a day.
So after a reset it is advicable to recharge.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #24
vmullen
vmullen began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-300
Thumbs up thank you!!

i just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone. I've had my reader for almost a year and never had issues before, so i googled the problem and found this. i followed the suggestions and now i can be an easy reader again) THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #25
alap
alap began at the beginning.

Device: prs 300
Hi. It seems that I have the opposite problem. I always charged with the USB. It now keep telling me that the battery is low. When I turn it off, I can see for a split second that the battery is fully charge. I tried both reset, left ii on charge for a long time. Removed it from charge when it says"opening book". Still not working.

I don't have access to buy an electrical charger as suggested by Neilmarr.

I am getting close to throw it on the wall.

Thanks in advance for the help.
alap is offline   Reply With Quote