Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #16
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
I really don't understand why we need 2Gb extra. It's difficult for me to image an scenario where more than 2Gb is used in an eInk device. But so happy to finally see a 10" device with light with a powerfull processor. Still no SD slot. But you know... you can't expect from Onyx to do the things completly right.

Another user and me talk about that topic and run Antutu benchamrk on both of them. You can see the result in this topic: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=312307&page=2 The 4core CPU of the Onyx is much more powerfull than the 8core of the Likebook. Anyways, the 8core Likebook's processors is fast enough to achieve all the supposed functionallities of an android eReader

This is the analisys I did on that thread (also I suggest to you to go there to see the AnTutu screenshots):

I returned the Mars and I will buy the Onyx Nova because I need that extra power for my personal specific situation, but if that wasn't the case I would go for the Bouye because it's much cheaper. For example to my mother I will buy the Mars (isn't that a proof it's a good eReader)

ALso I am very disappointed in the way Onyx treats their 1 year devices when a new model fo the same size appears. I own the N96ML and I am still waitting for the android 4.4 update or the 2.0 firmware. FOr sure they will never arrive.

Hopefully, after this generation of devices all of them will be multicore and fast android 6 (or newer) devices and I could move away from Onyx. I don't know how the firmware updates and bug fixes is with Likebook, but it is not difficult to be better than Onyx
From what I've read, it seems like the Octa-core includes four high powered cores, and four cores that use lower power and can be used for less intensive tasks... so I'm hoping that results in a longer lasting battery, since I would imagine most tasks in an ereader/note taker are relatively low powered.

I ended up ordering the Boyue Likebook Mimas this morning. It has everything I have been waiting and hoping for - a ten inch screen with a frontlight including amber night time options, note-taking ability, speakers, good enough processor and storage for me, plus an SD slot. It also has USB C, though I haven't looked into that and I don't know if it will make any difference with the USB ports I have on my somewhat old laptop.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:37 AM   #17
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bitzer View Post
The gadget business is what it is, however, I am very excited to have a Note 10.3 with a front light. I have been very happy with Onyx with their product quality and frequent software updates. Looking forward to purchasing the Note Pro in the spring!
I bought last year Likebook Note,, from Boyue with frontlight, i would prefer better design software than a lot hardware stuf; bad app built-in desgn for pdf books or epub format, but reading comics is great, it's so bad, reading comics isn't my main need!..
So when night come, i simply turn on electric light, that's it!!! . So i rest with many issues with or without frontlight!
Guys, please, tailk more about the ease reading and let aside hardware stuff.

Last edited by lems1995; 02-13-2019 at 05:41 AM.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 AM   #18
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Does anyone use cloud on google play books or any other app to be able to sync reading point and highlights of books I already own between a boox device and an iPhone? Ability to do this has me sticking with kindle, but I’d love to switch if there is a way to do the outside kindle.
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #19
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
Does anyone use cloud on google play books or any other app to be able to sync reading point and highlights of books I already own between a boox device and an iPhone? Ability to do this has me sticking with kindle, but I’d love to switch if there is a way to do the outside kindle.
Google Play Books sync fine. You just need to let it rest for a few seconds when you open the app. It doesn't sync in the background but when you open it. Depending on your version of Android it will as you when you've opened the book if you want to sync to another place from your last used device. In reality it works fina, just don't be to snappy when you open your book.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote