Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #31
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Thanks Kovid! Also added another donation... thanks for the great product and support.

Last edited by radamo; 11-02-2017 at 07:17 PM.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:02 AM   #32
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Thanks, Kovid! I really appreciate the quick update so that I can use Calibre with my new Oasis 2. Just donated as well.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #33
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
I had that problem yesterday. This morning I updated Calibre to the latest version and now I can download my Kindle books to my Oasis 2017! Happy now. If I can only find a reasonable priced cover on Amazon.
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #34
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Can I jump in this tread and ask a question? I had no trouble updating Calibre and having it see my Oasis. My problem came when I tried to eject the device.

I ejected from the system tray, and the Oasis still stayed in USB mode. I unplugged it, and it stayed in USB mode.

I plugged it back in, then ejected it from every place I could...the tray, File Manager, Devices, and from within Calibre itself. Nothing returned the Oasis to normal mode. I ended up unplugging it, then rebooting it, and that fixed it.

I'm running an AIO with Windows 10 Home version 1703
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Can I jump in this tread and ask a question? I had no trouble updating Calibre and having it see my Oasis. My problem came when I tried to eject the device.

I ejected from the system tray, and the Oasis still stayed in USB mode. I unplugged it, and it stayed in USB mode.

I plugged it back in, then ejected it from every place I could...the tray, File Manager, Devices, and from within Calibre itself. Nothing returned the Oasis to normal mode. I ended up unplugging it, then rebooting it, and that fixed it.

I'm running an AIO with Windows 10 Home version 1703
Did the Eject (windows) say it was safe to remove?
Something (on Windows) may be scanning your new device, keeping the connection in use.
Does the Oasis connect as a MTP device or does it get a drive letter?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #36
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did the Eject (windows) say it was safe to remove?
Something (on Windows) may be scanning your new device, keeping the connection in use.
Does the Oasis connect as a MTP device or does it get a drive letter?
Yes, I got the message it was safe to remove the device, and the Oasis was assigned a drive letter.

Tomorrow I’m going to reboot the computer and dink with it again. I’ve not had time today to do anything more. I’m not nearly as familiar with Windows 10 as I was with 7.

Thanks!
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #37
Trial_Master
Trial_Master began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Team

I have just upgraded from Paperwhite Gen1 to Oasis. When I use Calibre to transfer my books they have no thumbnails under My Library?

I have tried changing Mobi Output in Calibre from Old to Both and removed [EBOK] from Personal Doc Tag in case they made a difference, but unfortunately it didn't.

Anyone know how to get thumbnails to work on new Oasis? In addition is there any easy way to move my collections intact from Paperwhite to Oasis or is it easier to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance
Trial_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:02 PM   #38
biroka
biroka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2017)
With my new Kindle Oasis (2017) same problem: Calibre not recognize the Kindle

Hi,

Here are some info to help you:

calibre 1.48 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\vid_0bda&pid_5758&rev_4922&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_0a5c&pid_216f&rev_0112',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_2401&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_2401&mi_02',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_2401',
u'usb\\vid_1949&pid_0004&rev_0401',
u'usb\\root_hub30&vid8086&pid9cb1&rev0003',
u'usb\\vid_0bda&pid_5758&rev_4922',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_2401&mi_00']
Drives detected:
(0) D:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KINDLE&PRO D_INTERNAL_STORAGE&REV_0401#G000SA14801704WD&0#{53 F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\swd#wpdbusenum#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_kindl e&prod_internal_storage&rev_0401#g000sa14801704wd& 0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...
Devices possibly connected: None

Let me know if you need more details. Thanks in advance.

BA
biroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The problem is that you’re running Calibre 1.48. Upgrade to the current version and you’ll be fine. If you have to run 1.48 because you’re running Windows XP, I think you’re out of luck, unfortunately. Time to consider upgrading the o/s, perhaps?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #40
biroka
biroka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2017)
I can confirm this issue unfortunately. I tried migration from Voyage, Paperwhite and a Windows Explorer like copy of books folders to kindle's documents as well but I got same result. I still can't see the thumbnails. I will appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
biroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:35 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by biroka View Post
I can confirm this issue unfortunately. I tried migration from Voyage, Paperwhite and a Windows Explorer like copy of books folders to kindle's documents as well but I got same result. I still can't see the thumbnails. I will appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
You won't be getting any help. What has to be done is on your end. You have to upgrade from Windows XP to a newer version of Windows and if your computer is unable, you'll have to upgrade the computer. There's nothing else that can be done.

Once you are running a newer version of Windows, you can then install the current version of Calibre and you will then get support for your KO2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by biroka View Post
As the others have said, you need to upgrade the OS to use the newer versions of calibre and get support for newer devices. But, if that isn't possible, you can possibly use either the "Folder device" or "User defined device". With the former, when the device is connected to the PC, you set a folder on it to use as a device. With the "User defined device", you set the device ids so that calibre can recognise the device when connected. The problem with these is that they do no any Kindle specific handling. I don't use a Kindle, so I don't know how much that is, but, it should work if you take a bit of care.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:03 AM   #43
hubestar
hubestar began at the beginning.

Hi, I have installed the latest version 3.38.1 and calibre still does not 'see' my kindle Oasis. Thinking that it might be because of the OS, I upgraded my Mac OS to Mojave version 10.14. But calibre still does not recognize my kindle Oasis.

Any suggestions?
hubestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:05 AM   #44
hubestar
hubestar began at the beginning.

Similar to the user above, the debug message is quite similar

calibre 3.38.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-18.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '18.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 18.0.0: Wed Aug 22 20:13:40 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4903.201.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.15
OSX: ('10.14', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Generate Cover (1, 5, 21)
USB devices on system:
[['0x5ac',
'0x828f',
'0x146',
u'Apple Inc.',
u'Bluetooth USB Host Controller',
None]]

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
No MTP devices connected to system

Looking for devices of type: SMART_DEVICE_APP
All IP addresses {'lo0': [{'netmask': '255.0.0.0', 'peer': '127.0.0.1', 'addr': '127.0.0.1'}], 'en0': [{'broadcast': '192.168.0.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'addr': '192.168.0.119'}]}
No device is connected

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
hubestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:09 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can you see the Oasis in the Mac’s “Finder”? Calibre won’t see it if it’s not visible to the file system. If it’s not visible, try a different USB port and/or cable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote