Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 01:07 AM   #31
chronoreverse
Enthusiast
chronoreverse is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Hi, I'm interested in the Likebook Mars and Boox Nova because of the possibility they could use the Bookwalker app.

Can someone who owns these devices with the Google Play Store test if the Bookwalker app works? I know that some rooted Chinese Android devices won't run the standard Bookwalker application (there's a Chinese version but my books are on the standard edition) so I need to be sure.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.android.epub

Thanks

Last edited by chronoreverse; 01-23-2019 at 01:32 AM.
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #32
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Can either invert text to be read white on black background? (Like Oasis 2)
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:49 AM   #33
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
I choose nova mainly because de usb type-c charge. With likebook plus with micro usb i have some problems with some cables because it was a bit deep.
It's fine in nova althought it has not fast charge, the cable fits well.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #34
maximus83
Nameless Being

Have any of these companies developing Android 6-based devices done anything to mitigate the security flaws in the software? The hardware sounds compelling, but older versions of Android are as porous as a sieve, security wise.

Note this recent advice from PC Magazine, in their 2019 Android phone buying guide:

"For most other phones, Android 8.0 Oreo is the current shipping version, and you should find it on most phones today. Do not accept any phone with a version older than 7.0 Nougat, as the older the Android software version gets, the more likely it is to have serious security flaws."
Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #35
chronoreverse
Enthusiast
chronoreverse is on a distinguished road

Device: none
It really doesn't matter since you're really not going to be using it the same way as a phone. Why would you install random apps for instance? The web browser is also independent of the OS so that's not an issue if you wanted to be crazy and web browse seriously on e-ink.
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:41 AM   #36
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
NOVA: 1.6GHz quad-core, CORTEX-A17
MARS: 1.4Ghz octa-core, CORTEX-A53
I'm sorry, sometimes we make things over complicated

just google this simple term
RK3288
RK3368

hope it clears up your mind

the frequency above is incorrect though, if click into the "rockchip" pages
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote