Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #991
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I've taken a look at this with my Aura HD (firmware 3.2.0) using "The Widow Lerouge" and here's what I note:
  • For my margin/font settings, which were made to make KePub files look good (at least, what I think looks good), the ePub version looks really bad. No margins at all and the text issquashed too close together.
  • The font size appears to be the same as what I've been using for the KePub reader. It may be slightly different, but it's not different enough that my 30/20 uncorrected vision can tell the difference.
  • The book does not start at the cover page or show the book's front matter; rather, it starts directly at the first page of Chapter One.
  • Switching to the KePub version, the text looks "normal" based on my KePub reader settings. Again, I can't tell any difference in the font.
  • Repeating with Document Default gives me the same results.
The ePub file was downloaded and directly saved to the Kobo reader. The KePub file was generated by adding the book to calibre and sending to the reader with the following driver settings (relating to editing files within the book) activated:
  • Hyphenate files
  • Clean up ePub markup
  • Replace Content Language Code
  • Smarten Punctuation
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:41 AM   #992
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ok thanks _ I reckon we are seeing similar results. I got the "epub starts at chapter 1 & looks ugly effect" also.

I think we can conclude there a no bugs as such, just that the different routes to e-reader result in some layout difference ( that really determined person could maybe pin down & fully explain) . Also that sending via calibre ( with you without your driver) is an improvement on manual drag n drop - for that book anyway.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #993
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sending via calibre, with or without any added plugins, is always an improvement on manual drag-and-drop - you can manage books much more easily with calibre
Old 04-16-2014, 02:01 AM   #994
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ok _ i turned on save a kepub copy & examined the before & after versions in sigil.
The book text is unchanged in sigil book view so it must be that the 2 on-device renderers scale differently.

I did see that you wrap everything in span class="koboSpan", and that is not in the stylesheet.

so unless you have font sizing & there, & you've already said not... then I think it's cased closed for now.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #995
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, all that is right. The stats for sideloaded books show the details for the current book by pressing "Extras" and "Reading Stats" on the home screen. But, by adding "BookSpecificStats=true" into the "FeatureSettings" section of the config file, the menu for each book in the library list has "Reading stats" on it. This displays the stats for the selected book.
I just added "BookSpecificStats=true" into the "FeatureSettings" section of the config file, and when I long press on a book in the library list and choose "Reading Stats" I'm still getting the same stats as when I press "Extras" and "Reading Stats" on the home screen. I thought the "BookSpecificStats=true" would enable the more detailed stats that used to be available, i.e. the bar chart showing the length of each chapter...Did I misunderstand the intent of "BookSpecificStats=true"?

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #996
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I just added "BookSpecificStats=true" into the "FeatureSettings" section of the config file, and when I long press on a book in the library list and choose "Reading Stats" I'm still getting the same stats as when I press "Extras" and "Reading Stats" on the home screen. I thought the "BookSpecificStats=true" would enable the more detailed stats that used to be available, i.e. the bar chart showing the length of each chapter...Did I misunderstand the intent of "BookSpecificStats=true"?
Yes, you misunderstood. The "Reading stats" option from the home page only shows stats for the current book. Adding this option allows you to see the same stats for any book.

The in-book stats are only available for kepubs purchased and downloaded from Kobo. These are the ones with the chapter bar charts.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #997
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, you misunderstood. The "Reading stats" option from the home page only shows stats for the current book. Adding this option allows you to see the same stats for any book.

The in-book stats are only available for kepubs purchased and downloaded from Kobo. These are the ones with the chapter bar charts.
Thanks for clarifying, davidfor!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #998
Hiro-kun
Hiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, all:

I just started using this plugin. I configured it to create Collections on my Glo using the Series column. However, I noticed that series with a colon in it do not have collections created for them. Is this a problem with the plugin or me? Other series without non-alphanumeric characters have collections created just fine. Collections created with the Kobo Reader Device Interface handles colons fine as well. Thanks.
Hiro-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #999
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Please report a bug according to directions in the first post, or at least post a debug log.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #1000
Hiro-kun
Hiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blueHiro-kun can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Please report a bug according to directions in the first post, or at least post a debug log.
Bug logged here.
Hiro-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #1001
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I just uploaded a new version. Fixed is a bug where internal content files not encoded as UTF-8 are properly decoded based on the XML content type declaration. Look for it in the next hour or so!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 AM   #1002
night_hawk
night_hawk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello, is there a way to enable "Reading Statistics" for sideloaded kepubs or epubs?
Thank you
night_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:55 AM   #1003
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The short answer is no.

For the long answer, read through this thread. When the stats where removed for sideloaded kepubs, there was a lot of discussion and experiments. It was found not to be safe or practical.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:53 AM   #1004
night_hawk
night_hawk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Ok thank you for answer.
night_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #1005
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Hello, World! And anyone from off-world

The next few weeks or so are likely to be very hectic for me, including times where I expect to have limited or no Internet access. Please be understanding if any bugs or questions arise and it takes me a long time to even acknowledge them.

Tags
error, kobo aura one