Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #106
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduffbrew View Post
I'm enjoying the new interface that becomes with BoyueOS 2. I'm just having difficulty with the dictionary in the native reading app. The standalone dictionary works just fine while the one in the reader defaults to Chinese without any apparent way of changing it. Any ideas?
Excuse me, BoyueOS 2? Did you mean firmware 2.0?
OS is Android 4.4,isnt' it?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #107
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Excuse me, BoyueOS 2? Did you mean firmware 2.0?
OS is Android 4.4,isnt' it?
Boyue calls its new launcher application with built-in book viewers which comes with firmware 2.0 "Boyue OS". And, alas, it is Android 4.2.2, not 4.4
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #108
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
Thanks for the suggestions. No success yet. I think I need to find a windows desktop to use the batch tool.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:34 AM   #109
Ystvan
Ystvan began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T80s
Hi all,

I recently got a T80s and I really like it.
(I like it so much that I am rewritting an android app I wrote to handle my bibliography to have a more e-ink compatible UI)
I did not like so much the old OS and the new one is an improvement.

But there is still something that bugs me, the (one and only) physical button!

It seems it is the equivalent of the Back button on a normal android device.
Is there a way to make it a Home button?
When I want to go back to the Home, I have to press multiple time on the button and quit the successive applications to finally go back the main screen.

The new OS does provide a home icon in the top bar, but this bar disappear when I open an app.
Is there a way to keep the top bar there all the time?

Finally, and I think I am dreaming here, but is there a way to navigate through the opened/recently opened apps (like on any android device)?

Thanks!

Ystvan
Ystvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:41 AM   #110
pokkis
pokkis began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Likebook
Take look for Button saviour.
pokkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2018, 06:00 AM   #111
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
Boyue calls its new launcher application with built-in book viewers which comes with firmware 2.0 "Boyue OS". And, alas, it is Android 4.2.2, not 4.4
Yes, I forgot it's 4.2.2.

I hoped Boyue OS was a Linux adapted to e-ink devices like Remarkable's
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:15 AM   #112
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ystvan View Post
The new OS does provide a home icon in the top bar, but this bar disappear when I open an app.
Is there a way to keep the top bar there all the time?

Finally, and I think I am dreaming here, but is there a way to navigate through the opened/recently opened apps (like on any android device)?
I agree with pokkis Button Savior (non-root) works well. Access to the task switcher and an on screen home button are always available.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #113
Ystvan
Ystvan began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T80s
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I agree with pokkis Button Savior (non-root) works well. Access to the task switcher and an on screen home button are always available.
Thanks, it works well!

I would still prefer that these features was part of the OS but it is very good.
Ystvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #114
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Update 2018081714 Google drive link. Just some optimisations and bug fixes. Found here.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #115
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ystvan View Post
Is there a way to make it a Home button?
long press
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #116
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Update 2018081714 Google drive link. Just some optimisations and bug fixes. Found here.
Is this update safe to update directly from 1.0.2 through the system update menu yet? I'd really rather not start from scratch and reinstall all the apps again after flashing.
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:59 PM   #117
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
I installed the new update. Long press on WiFi or Bluetooth icon in 'Switch' dropdown control now opens corresponding settings section. (Did they read my post where I requested this?)

There is now only one way to set lock pincode instead of the mess with two different ways that I described in an earlier post. (Trying to set locking from "Android settings" still leads to crash.) At startup pincode is not required, which makes its kindof useless. (Those who use RelaunchX as launcher may turn on locking in it to overcome this.)

Last edited by ilyats; 09-07-2018 at 11:47 PM. Reason: More observations
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:20 AM   #118
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
Any chance for a .img file of update 2018081714 for us technologically limited?
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:13 AM   #119
arfok
arfok began at the beginning.

Device: likebook plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
So, I flashed the img file with the RockChip tool and now my screen is stuck on and it's slowly fading out. The tool said it restored successfully but I can't get it to reboot. Any ideas?
I have the same problem. I made direct update from 1.0.2 to v2.0.0 version and my ebook is dead. I have likebook plus (b201707).

Any advice?
arfok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:47 AM   #120
leyaniv
leyaniv began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Thank you for sharing. Updated from V2.0.0-2018052616 to this one and it's working well.
leyaniv is offline   Reply With Quote