Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
dmonasse
dmonasse began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2, Ubuntu
Importing an html file with all the referenced images

Hello,
In the editor, I can import an html file, but the referenced images are not imported. Is there a way to import in an ebook at the same time the html file and all the images referenced by the file that are in the same folder.
When I create an ebook from an html file, all the referenced images are imported, But it's not the same when I import a file in an existing ebook.
Maybe a future feature?
Thanks for all, calibre is great.
dmonasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This functionality already exists via importing into calibre. You can import, convert to epub and the edit it in the editor, if needed. Or if you want to do it via the editor, you use File->Import HTML or DOCX file as a new book, which will import all linked images as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
dmonasse

OK, it works like that. But if I want to import 2 or more html files with referenced images, I have to build 2 or more ebooks and then merge the ebooks using ePubMerge. That's not a problem, just a little tricky.
Thanks a lot, Kovid.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can simply build a simple toc.html which refers to your individual html files and import that. I dont rememebr if the editor import is recursive,but the main calibre import definitely is https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...specific-order
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:14 AM   #5
dmonasse

Thanks again, Kovid. It's a solution.
Advert