Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Errors spotted when starting calibre in debug mode

Windows 10 and calibre v3.11.1 run from source...

I was doing some work on my plugins today and needed to test something in debug mode.

On calibre start up I saw 17 repeated occurrences of this warning:
Code:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
and immediately after the 'Started up in n.nn seconds with nnn books' message was this error:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\cover_flow.py", line 145, in subtitle
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\cover_flow.py", line 105, in render_template
AttributeError: 'DatabaseImages' object has no attribute 'template_cache'
I don't believe either is related to anything I was testing. Do I need to worry about them?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The libpng warnings are probably from plugins loading icons. Someone in one of my plugin threads pointed out there was a problem with a few of the icons and supplied replacements. That reduced the errors a lot. I haven't gone looking to see which are causing the rest of the errors.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The libpng warning means some images used somewhere dont have correct srgb profiles and is perfectly harmless. The other error is a transient one at startup that should be fixed by https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ef79bb74555daf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
OK. Thanks. A bit of googling showed me how to reduce the libpng warnings by fixing some of the icons in my plugins and config resources/images.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote