Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #316
Soulcatcher
Soulcatcher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Sony prs-505, Kindle DXG, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Hi David,

My Aura HD suddenly refused to open any books saying that they are DRM protected; after trying hard reset it became completely dead, doesn't turn on anymore. Does it sound like it's internal SD card problem? If so, could i get an image? Wanna try to revive it.

Thank you.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #317
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
My Aura HD suddenly refused to open any books saying that they are DRM protected; after trying hard reset it became completely dead, doesn't turn on anymore. Does it sound like it's internal SD card problem? If so, could i get an image? Wanna try to revive it.
I've sent a link, but it doesn't immediately sound like a internal SD card problem. I'd put it on charge for a while and see if it starts after that.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #318
firekobo
firekobo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
i hereby sumon the grand sorcerer davidfor to bring back from the dead my kobo_aura_hd using his black magic and an sd card image
... please
Old 01-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #319
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

And it isn't black magic, it's Necromancy.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #320
Connexion
Connexion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi David, My Aura HD suddenly refused to open, i try hard reset and cold reset.

Could you please be so kind and send me the link to Aura HD image please?

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards,
Pierre
Old 02-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #321
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #322
Connexion
Connexion began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #323
Soulcatcher
Soulcatcher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Sony prs-505, Kindle DXG, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've sent a link, but it doesn't immediately sound like a internal SD card problem. I'd put it on charge for a while and see if it starts after that.
Hey, just wanted to say that thanks to you I was able to revive my Aura. Strange thing is that I wasn't able to use 4gb Kingston mSD card cause the image writer was complaining that it's not big enough. So then I tried to write on original SanDisk card. It failed around 16% or so. Ok, that kinda made sense that it was faulty. But then I did a full format (I think) and tried it again. After that write was successful and Aura booted fine.

Dunno how long it will last since I still suspect that that card is shot but when it craps out again I know what to do now
Old 03-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #324
Manguitom
Manguitom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H20
I've broken my Aura HD screen and today arrived the replacement. Sadly I never expected it to be delivered and the SD card was used on another device, now I need the internal SD image to restore it. Can someone send me a PM with link?

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #325
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #326
UzayerM
UzayerM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (5th Gen) & Kobo Aura HD
I really, really need the image of his sd card
Thanks a lot
uzayer5@gmail.com

Last edited by UzayerM; 03-15-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #327
UzayerM
UzayerM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (5th Gen) & Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavtronic View Post
Hi all,

I think I have bricked my Kobo Aura HD too...
How can I open my Kobo Aura HD (do you have a tuto or a video?) and how rebuilt the SD card image?

Thank you for your help!
Xavier
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122
This might help as a tutorial
Old 03-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #328
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #329
wertuipka
wertuipka began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
I broke the screen and the sd card of my kobo aura hd. If anyone can help with sd image.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #330
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread