Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
peekpoke
Enthusiast
peekpoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
[iOS] Connect to Content Server won't download on other than default library

On CC iOS

When I try to connect to Content Server, I get the list of books, I can switch Calibre Libraries.

When I select a Calibre library other than the default, downloads don't work.

When I long touch on a book, the little animation starts, but nothing ever happens.

When when I do a side swipe and click on Download, same thing.

When I short touch to go to metadata page, nothing happens, no metadata.

All this works fine in the Android CC, only iOS has this issue with other libraries. Of course we REALLY NEED DOWNLOAD ALL!

By the way, it would be GREAT to select the default library! Unfortunately on my setup, my cookbook collection always comes up as the default, I would love for CC to remember which library I want as default (would be nice on both Android and iOS).
peekpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
patanne
patanne began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
I too am having this problem.

I am using CC on iOS 11 on an iPhone. I have not tried Android yet. I am using Calibre 3.18 content server on linux. The issue does not exist with the first (default) library provided in the startup parameters. It exists with all others. I verified this by reordering the libraries in the service configuration.

What I am noticing is that for all other libraries I get a 404 error. Below is an example:
192.168.15.157 port-51165 - 08/Mar/2018:08:40:52 -0500 "GET /ajax/book/35cc5701-b2ed-4155-9174-82437f459c40?id_is_uuid=true HTTP/1.1" 404 197
patanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are there accented characters in those Library names?
If you browse the Ligbary on the Host, using the hosts browser, do you get an error?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #4
patanne
patanne began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
The names of the libraries are: manuals and business. It doesn't get much simpler. No accented characters. Your question about browsing the host has two answers based on location: the server and my laptop.

I maintain the master libraries on my laptop, then push everything to a linux server running calibre-server as a service. Regardless, everything works fine. If I use the calibre client on my laptop, all is well. If I access the libraries on the server using a URL, everything also works well.

FWIW, there are no accented characters in the book titles/names either.
patanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by patanne View Post
The names of the libraries are: manuals and business. It doesn't get much simpler. No accented characters. Your question about browsing the host has two answers based on location: the server and my laptop.

I maintain the master libraries on my laptop, then push everything to a linux server running calibre-server as a service. Regardless, everything works fine. If I use the calibre client on my laptop, all is well. If I access the libraries on the server using a URL, everything also works well.

FWIW, there are no accented characters in the book titles/names either.
I am out of ideas
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote