Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen > Gen3 Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbbb View Post
Second where can I learn how to do the mobiperl stuff? (Easy version)
https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/mobiperl

It's not too hard. Mobiperl is a collection of about 6 .exes (Windows Dist). One of them is lit2mobi. Just run it on the command line without parameters and it gives you the command line instructions.

There's a few threads on the forum about it if you get stuck.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #32
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Second where can I learn how to do the mobiperl stuff? (Easy version)
It's really simple: just do
Code:
lit2mobi whatever.lit
and you get the conversion. Or, for a complete directory, do (on windows systems)
Code:
for %a in ("*.lit") do lit2mobi %a
and get all files converted in one go. Grab a coffee while you're at it
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #33
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Just run it on the command line without parameters and it gives you the command line instructions.
One thread that provides more info on how to use the command line is How to make Igor's script work. Ignore the stuff about Python (since mobiperl is a collection of command line applications, .exe files, that do not need Perl or Python to run under Windows).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #34
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Ok. Be nice to me, please.

I am using Vista

Got lit2mobi.exe in a directory C:\users\peter

Put a test .lit file which I called a.lit in the same directory

got the command line (window) open and typed lit2mobi.exe a.lit

Then it said

Unpack file a.lit in dir ctmp
@clit@ is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable programme or batch file.
system <clit a.lit ctmp> failed 256 at MobiPerl/Util.pm line 344

So , helllpppp

What do I do now?

Last edited by peterbbb; 08-17-2008 at 01:26 PM.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #35
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
You install clit which is in convertlit. lit2moobi uses the external pogram clit. Make sure that clit is in your path.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #36
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Tompe

I have litconvert or convertlit installed.

What does it mean to say "in your path"? How do I do that?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #37
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Tompe

Just put it in the same folder as lit2mobi.exe is in.

BOb
Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #38
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Tompe

The binary name should be clit.exe

I never remember how to set the path in Windows. Goggle gives for example:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I never remember how to set the path in Windows.
Go to "Control Panel". Run the "System" application. Click the "Advanced" tab, and then the "Environment Variables" button. Edit the variable called "Path".

The edited path will only take effect in processes created after it's been edited, so you need to open a new command prompt window.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:18 AM   #40
peterbbb
BoyReader

Ok. I have the programme in the same directory, all on the desktop at the moment. Do I use the compiled version or another version?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #41
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Ok. I have the programme in the same directory, all on the desktop at the moment. Do I use the compiled version or another version?
The compiled version, it's the only one containing the actual machine-readable instructions. Extension should be .exe

My setup is as follows: Mobiperl is located in C:\mobiperl together with the ConvertLIT executable (clit.exe). I appended "C:\mobiperl" to my PATH-variable in the way described by Harry above. (Since you're on Vista, it might work a little differently, but the basic idea should be the same.) Then, what I do is simply change to the directory on the CLI and execute the commands I gave above.

You can choose whatever directory you like for the programs, just as long as you put in in the path.

Another option would be to associate LIT-files with lit2mobi. That would get rid of the need to put in in the path, but is a little more complicated. Upside is, you would just need to double click on a file to do a conversion.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #42
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Go to "Control Panel". Run the "System" application. Click the "Advanced" tab, and then the "Environment Variables" button. Edit the variable called "Path".
You could also drop tools like this into your Windows\system32 folder which is already in your path. That's what I usually do with command line tools that I use alot... for example all of my SysInternals goodies are there.

Having tools in the path allows you to run them from any directory.

You can view what your path is by typing "set" and press enter at a cmd prompt. Look for the PATH= line.

BOb
Old 08-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't like putting my own files into the system folder, Bob; I find it "cleaner" to have a separate folder for my own files. It really doesn't take more than a few seconds to add a folder to the path, and once it's done, it's done.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #44
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't like putting my own files into the system folder, Bob; I find it "cleaner" to have a separate folder for my own files. It really doesn't take more than a few seconds to add a folder to the path, and once it's done, it's done.
Understood. But, the longer the path you have, the longer it takes to go through. You could also create a single folder myutils and add it to the path. Also, make sure your path has the most recently used paths in it first, since they are searched in order, and once the exe is found the search stops.

BOb
Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

All my commonly-used tools I have in a folder called "C:\Tools" which, as you describe, is at the start of my path.