Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-26-2020, 10:05 PM   #1
Saix_XIII
Saix_XIII began at the beginning.

Device: Android
General Connection Error

This happens at different points when transferring books from Calibre via Wireless Device Connection. Sometimes it takes 10-30 min, sometimes a few hours, but it ends up happening eventually. This is the error log from Calibre itself:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 5.8.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 592, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1497, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 732, in _put_file
File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 614, in _send_byte_string
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I have the "calibre.companion.debug.log" but it is very long and I am unsure what data from it would be helpful in resolving this.

Saix_XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:15 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
This error happens to me at some point only on one computer when additional network activity takes place.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #3
ruse
ruse began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,

I get a connection error every time I try to sync my Kindle Fire tablet with Calibre. This has been the case for over a year, and previous posts have received no attention. The error file is below. Is this time out issue going to be addressed in a future release?

ruse/Russell Glasson

calibre, version 5.8.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

There was a timeout while communicating with the device in function: Device did not respond in reasonable time

File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 672, in _receive_from_client
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 588, in _read_string_from_net
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 573, in _read_binary_from_net
socket.timeout: timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 512, in _books
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 1293, in books
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 652, in _call_client
File "calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 684, in _receive_from_client
calibre.devices.errors.TimeoutError: There was a timeout while communicating with the device in function: Device did not respond in reasonable time
ruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:48 PM   #4
Glsparks2
Glsparks2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S23 Ultra
I started getting this error after updating my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ to android 11. before the android upgrade, it worked fast and smooth.
Glsparks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:46 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
It's abandonware guys

There ain't going to be a next update

Try other calibre apps in play store which are still maintained.e.g. calibre sync.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote