Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
boblindeman
boblindeman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
No BOLD in Sigil 0.9.10 / Mojave

Hi Since yesterday I have MOJAVE on my Mac and updated Sigil to latest version.
However, I cannot see BOLD in the headings I used.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the issue?

THANKS
Bob
boblindeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311992

The issue is apparently fixed in Qt 5.7 and 5.12, but I'm not certain where we left it RE our plan to use Qt5.11.1 in Sigil's next release. I thought there was a conversation about backporting the fix to Qt5.11 but I can't find it, and can't remember the outcome (if there was decision). Perhaps Kevin remembers.

The short answer is "Yeah, we know. Hope to have it fixed/worked-around in Sigil's next release."
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, I found the conversation. Kevin DID backport the fix to Sigil's Qt version, and it WILL make it into Sigil's next release.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FWIW, I have already added that patch to my own 5.11.1 build for a MacOSX. If we decide to change the version of Qt again, then I will need to re add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Actually, I found the conversation. Kevin DID backport the fix to Sigil's Qt version, and it WILL make it into Sigil's next release.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
FWIW, I have already added that patch to my own 5.11.1 build for a MacOSX. If we decide to change the version of Qt again, then I will need to re add it.
Understood. Though I figure when we do change the Qt version again (and believe me, I'm not suggesting we go down that particular path again for a bit ), we'll likely move to Qt5.12.x. Which I believe doesn't need to be patched for this, right?
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Understood. Though I figure when we do change the Qt version again (and believe me, I'm not suggesting we go down that particular path again for a bit ), we'll likely move to Qt5.12.x. Which I believe doesn't need to be patched for this, right?
Yes according to the Qt bglist website.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote