Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #1
ranwaldo
Developer
ranwaldo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sigil 0.9.10 on OS X Mojave 10.14

I have been using Sigil on a Mac for several months. It has been working great - until now. Apple recommended that I upgrade the OS X Operating System to the latest, Mojave Version 10.14. So I did.

Now the rendering of bold fonts does not work in Sigil 0.9.10 for OS X. When the .epub is viewed with Kindle Previewer 3, the bold fonts are fine. The same file looks fine with Sigil 0.9.10 for Windows.

Have any of you guys seen this symptom? If so, do you know of a fix or work-around?

Thx, ~Randy
ranwaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
ranwaldo
Developer
ranwaldo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
By the way, the symptom is very easily reproduced.

Just open a new Sigil file. Type in 'aaaa bbbb'. Select 'aaaa'. Select the Bold button. Notice that there is no bold text. The code view looks like this:

Code:
<p><span style="font-weight: bold;">aaaa</span> bbbb</p>
~Randy
ranwaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've not seen it myself, but I see that Kovid has recently patched calibre's Qt to deal with font weight issues on Mojave. He's using Qt 5.6 like Sigil 0.9.10 does.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Kovid backported that official Qt patch. This fix appears in Qt 5.9.7 and Qt 5.12.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/241015/
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote