Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.7.4 Released

This is a small maintenance release of Sigil. Books with an invalid doctype should open as they did in version prior to 0.7.3. Also, this release has a build for OS X using Qt 5.2.0 Beta 1. This release should support Mavericks though it has not been tested on Mavericks.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
again for hanging in there and fixing things.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Unexpected and most welcome.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
handebooks
handebooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad, iPhone

Seems to start and function on 10.9 - no crashes as of yet! (don't expect any but Mavericks is being funky about some things.)
handebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Any chance of an x64 build for Windows?
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Any chance of an x64 build for Windows?
We've already been through this and the answer is no.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We've already been through this and the answer is no.
When the 7.0 came out it wasn't possible because Qt5 didn't have 64-bit libraries available. They have them now and I can build a 64-bit version, but since I don't have a licensed copy of VS it's a rather involved undertaking for me. I figured for maintainers it would be much easier, which is why I asked.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
When the 7.0 came out it wasn't possible because Qt5 didn't have 64-bit libraries available. They have them now and I can build a 64-bit version, but since I don't have a licensed copy of VS it's a rather involved undertaking for me. I figured for maintainers it would be much easier, which is why I asked.
I don't use Visual Studio to build. Microsoft provides the compiler as a stand alone package for free. That's what I use.

Qt does have precompiled Windows binaries now but I can't use them (or may not be able to). The issue is that I use the free compiler Microsoft provides. It's part of the Windows SDK. The Windows 7 SDK (which I'm using because I have Windows 7) comes with VC++ 2010. Qt has 32 bit binaries for use with VC++ 2010. The 64 bit builds are for VC++ 2012 which is part of the Windows 8 SDK. I haven't investigated if the Windows 8 SDK will install and work on Windows 7. Other than the time it takes to build Sigil twice, that's the main road block.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
also want to confirm that the current sigil 0.7.4 is up and running without issues on my MacBook Pro with Mavericks 10.9

thanks @user_none!
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I have tried using 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Sigil. I couldn't really determine any difference. There would be more difference with a program that was able to use more than one core, but that adds yet another layer of complication.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #11
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
This is a small maintenance release of Sigil. Books with an invalid doctype should open as they did in version prior to 0.7.3.
Outstanding! I admire your conscientious approach to this (and likely every) project. Thank you so much for your hard work and excellent improvements,. I wish you every success in the future.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Unexpected and most welcome.
Ditto Thanks
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks a lot for this update!
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #14
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Under the Covers View Post
Outstanding! I admire your conscientious approach to this (and likely every) project. Thank you so much for your hard work and excellent improvements,. I wish you every success in the future.
^ well said, Under, and I echo those comments 100%.
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
weberr
New old guy
weberr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Unacceptable download cheap stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
This is a small maintenance release of Sigil. Books with an invalid doctype should open as they did in version prior to 0.7.3. Also, this release has a build for OS X using Qt 5.2.0 Beta 1. This release should support Mavericks though it has not been tested on Mavericks.
Have enjoyed using and donating to Sigil development for several years. Nothing else like it anywhere. But my upgrades have come to a screeching halt. I will stay my current version as long as you've chosen to go to the dark side and require me to download and install such useless crap first.

Fix it or go your own way!
weberr is offline   Reply With Quote