Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
africalass
Connoisseur
africalass began at the beginning.

Location: Various - sometimes UK, sometimes South Africa, sometimes other countries in Europe / Africa
Device: Windows Laptop; Kindle Keyboard; Hudl2 (Android), iPhone
Is this kind of website viable for a recipe?

Hi

Although I've used Calibre a long time, I've never dealt with (or attempted to make) a recipe. I'm reading this serialised story: http://demo.ilona-andrews.com/ and wondered if this was the kind of thing recipes could be used for. I'm quite happy to work through the manual and have a go at making one, but I don't want to spend hours only to find that this is not the kind of website that is compatible with recipes. I otherwise wondered whether it would work with a plugin such as the one for fanfic. I'm hoping that I can download the story as a mobi (or otherwise epub) and that when new content is added that it can be added to the ebook in reading order. I would also like to double check that this doesn't infringe the author's copyright in anyway (I just want it as a a means of reading it for myself even if I'm offline).

Thanks for any responses.
africalass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A recipe can do that, use parse_index() in the recipe. Though you shouldn;t need to use a recipe at all. Just use a recursive downlaoder like wget or calibre's own web2disk to download the html files and then convert them to epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
blog, recipe, serial, website