Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #31
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. R. Mathias View Post
How many 700,000 word epics do you imagine get written in prison cells?
Now, see, I don't care if you wrote it in a prison cell or on a beach on a private island. I care if it's a good story or not. Editing matters.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #32
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Now, see, I don't care if you wrote it in a prison cell or on a beach on a private island. I care if it's a good story or not. Editing matters.
Yes, editing matters, but only to people who have a clue about the importance of grammar, syntax, spelling, flow, and all the other things that are the difference between a so-so story with great potential and a masterpiece with great potential achieved.

I have had authors tell me spelling and punctuation don't matter as long as the reader gets the idea. They don't grasp the idea that every distraction from the storyline means less understanding of the storyline.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #33
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
If you would read it instead of jumping on a bandwagon you might find that it has been edited. Probably not perfectly, but edited. I paid good money for a full edit months ago. And yes editing matters to a point. A good edit CAN NOT make a bad story good. But a good story can transcend a bad edit. Example: No Glory for Old Men... Not even quotations in that best seller.
Closed Thread

Tags
dragon, epic fantasy, fantasy, m.r. mathias, magic, sword, wizard