Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Epub resizing problem

I sometimes have problems with line height when I resize my epubs. I have a Sony PRS-505 and the line spacing is correct at the smallest font. But, if I increment to Medium or Large, the line height does not seem to increase sufficiently and I end up with the lines scrunched together. The descenders on one line overlap the text on the next line.

For input I am using Word docs with a base font size of 12.0 and saved as Filtered Html. In Calibre I have base font set to 15.0 and font key set as "10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21". Line size height remains with the default 0.0.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I sometimes have problems with line height when I resize my epubs. I have a Sony PRS-505 and the line spacing is correct at the smallest font. But, if I increment to Medium or Large, the line height does not seem to increase sufficiently and I end up with the lines scrunched together. The descenders on one line overlap the text on the next line.

For input I am using Word docs with a base font size of 12.0 and saved as Filtered Html. In Calibre I have base font set to 15.0 and font key set as "10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21". Line size height remains with the default 0.0.
Whenever I run into this I set my line height to 1.5 pt above my base font. For me that is 17.5pt and reconvert the file. All other times I leave it at 0.0pt.

You might want to match your base font size to one of the options you have in the font size key. You can read more about it here, but I think in your case it should be 16 so the font size key and the base font match.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote