Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
Dzha
Dzha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Okay nice, but just to clarify, I wasn't so much asking for file formats it supported, but file organization, since that was what your issue with Kindle is. Is it easy to manage files with FBReader?

=X=
Thanks for the links X!
It has a bult in library, although most of my books are organized in folders already, so even simple file system acces would be good enough.
Dzha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzha View Post
Already have one, my eyes disagree with it .

Yeah it is a problem, oh well good luck
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I think this is a great idea. I think a lot of people would like to see a feature like this.

However you are aware that the Kindle is running a full Linux version, it's Ubuntu 9.04 port to ARM. You don't need to build an abstraction layer.

I've never used FBreader. Is this program capable of managing a filesystem, (i.e. books) within the program? If so I would modify the initialization scripts to automatically launch FBreader. Set it to respawn in case the user closes the FBreader or it crashes the FBreader will restart.

Also the "QT experience" is a good place to start.

What I would like to see is a way to toggle between FBReader and Amazon's existing GUI. This way we get the best of both worlds, I know you don't care much for the Amazon skin, but some features are essential like reading DRM Mobi books.

=X=
Hello,
I'm very interested to this option, as i've preordered the kindle 3 and i have a pretty large library of fb2..
This could avoid me a hard work of conversion :-)
moreover fb2 is one of my favourite formats so far..

Best regards

Brandobras
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #19
alexp2010
alexp2010 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
Hello,
I'm very interested to this option, as i've preordered the kindle 3 and i have a pretty large library of fb2..
This could avoid me a hard work of conversion :-)
moreover fb2 is one of my favourite formats so far..

Best regards

Brandobras
I second that
alexp2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #20
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzha View Post
PRS 900 has 7.1 inches screen. I was looking for something larger, more like 10 inches.
Relax, the Java conversion of the FBReader might run without problems. I'm still waiting for my kindle so I could take a look how to implement the FBReader.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert