Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
ereaderuser
ereaderuser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Calibre won't correctly convert books.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having. I'm currently going through some math books that I want to read on my sony prs 600. Unfortunately it is in pdf format and the margins are quite excessive on it. I would like to remove the margins. But when I try to in Calibre, it becomes unreadable.

I would be willing to use a different format, but .pdf is the only electronic format freely available and the book has a lot of latex in it. And .pdfs seem to be the only type of document that can display latex text well.

I have attached the unconverted file.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Abstract Algebra.pdf (2.65 MB, 458 views)
ereaderuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you have the latex sources, just usethe geometry package to create a PDf file sized for the reader screen,.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
samuray
samuray began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Hi,
well yeah i'm having the same problem with margins in pdf. How can i remove them for example using calibre, and still have my output file resemble input pdf as much as possible (what might be the best format to convert pdf to view it on sony reader prs 600).

thnx for the help!
samuray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion